A couple of questions about Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djminus1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I am going to Cabo on June 28th and staying at the Dreams resort. I am planning on diving there and have a couple of questions.

Where can I go to find out the water temperatures in Cabo? All I have is a 3/2 full suit and I am guessing it might be a little cold for that.

Also, what are the best dive sites to visit while there?

What will I see on dives that time of year?

Thanks!

Not a comprehensive list of dive sites, but at the bottom is a table for conditions. cabo diving/cabo san lucas scuba diving

Be sure to eat at Casa Raphael and Mocambo Mariscabo (bacon wrapped shrimp).

Hello The spots in Cabo are No. ,So. and middle Walls,Peligan Rock where the sand falls are." My Fav." Neptunes Finger. Lands End, Sea Lions Colony.I looked a Wonder ground weather map and the temp was in the upper 60s.you can contact Baja Dive at cooldiver2@yahoo.com for current Water Temp.I would plan on using a 5mm suit with hood and gloves.

Hi,

I am going to Cabo on June 28th and staying at the Dreams resort. I am planning on diving there and have a couple of questions.

Where can I go to find out the water temperatures in Cabo? All I have is a 3/2 full suit and I am guessing it might be a little cold for that.

Also, what are the best dive sites to visit while there?

What will I see on dives that time of year?

Thanks!

I would take a vest with me just to be cautious. Assume low seventies that time of year. Dive with Lands' End. They are great. The local dives are great, if you can get on a bus (with one of the shops) to Cabo Pulmo, you'll be happy you did. Long trip, but worth it.

Lots of great restaurants.

Temps and Dive Conditions:
Land's End Divers, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico - Dive Sites

Sorry this is so late, but check out BajaDivers.com for lots of info on sites, operators and more. We are an informational Website for divers planning trips to the Baja peninsula and our goal is to list every established dive operator and every named dive site/area on the peninsula. We're not quite there yet, but the Los Cabos area is well covered. There's also a chart of approx. water temps and dive site maps. Good diving!

Hello The water temp. Is 70 so you will need a 5mm or a 6mm.The Dive I like best Peligan Rock because you can see almost everything Baja Has to offer at one spot.eels,giant groupers, bait balls, lobsters,sand Falls,trigger fish,and giant mantas were spotted this week.Contact Baja Dive at this link www.baja-dive.net for current conditions.I Dive with them because they have all safty gear Co2,first aid kit and a big boat 40 feet with full hard top for lots of shade.The groups are small 5 divers per Dive Master.

We dove 5 days in Cabo in April. I wore a 4/3 and didn't feel cold once, but I'm a bit of a polar bear. My grilfriend, who is always cold, wore a 3/2 full suit with a 2mm shorty and wasn't cold once. The lowest temperature my computer recorded was 69 degrees.As another poster mentioned, if you're a cold person, you may want to add a hooded vest to you exposure protection.

We dove with Amigos Del Mar and had a great time. Their boat is the nicest I saw out at the dive sites and the dive masters were great.

All of the dive sites in Cabo are around the arch which is a short boat ride from the marina. My favorite was Sea Lion Colony/Lands End but it can be a challenge with the surge currents in the area.

Since you are going durring the summer make sure and do a trip to Cabo Pulmo. You can book the trip through any of the dive OPs in the area (I believe Amigos runs them twice a week). They only run them in the summer and it it supposed to be the best diving in Baja.

Cabo San Lucas Scuba Diving - Scuba Diving Cabo San Lucas - Amigos del Mar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom