A couple dives and a couple new swampsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Made it out to TL about 3:15, hadn't checked the board so I didn't know Don had to cancel and Dee was still nursin' a cloudy ear.

I decided to burn the doubles on down to get a fresh fill for next weekend, and did a nice little solo, seeing a bunch of nesting bass and huge crappie. Viz was decent, up to 10-15 in places. Toasty down to 20, and comfy at 25. When I got back the dock, I saw a suv turning around and stopping near the dock close to my truck, so I figured someone had made it to dive with.

Nope, didn't know who it was, not for long though.... Introduced myself to Jud and Michelle, who just happen to work at NASA and know our very own Gadgetgirl <Emma>! Small world, small city...LOL

They are headed to Coz next weekend and Michelle was doing her first OW dive as she's newly certified..... We toured the west end and chased the fish for 50 minutes of fun.....and I asked them to drop by the scubaboard and told them about the Swamp Diving Team. So if you see Jud and Michelle on the board or at the Point, they're officially and duly indoctrinated!

I'll be in the country this weekend, and if things go as planned, we're going to CSSP the following weekend when Dee and Doug head up with the "most excellent" scuba gear rack/table. whoohoo! feild trip

tony

scubatexastony once bubbled...
I'll be in the country this weekend, and if things go as planned, we're going to CSSP the following weekend when Dee and Doug head up with the "most excellent" scuba gear rack/table. whoohoo! feild trip

tony

Fantastic!! I can't wait to see it and try it out! And I'm also glad that you guys are finally getting to come up here and dive with us. Let's hope it cools off a little by then...:( Today was an absolute killer up here. It was 111 in Terrell (where CSSP is nearby).

Welcome to the Swamp Divers, Jud and Michelle. Hope we get to dive with you sometime, after you get back from Cozumel. (Dang, everyone is going to Coz but me this year :( LOL)

I wasn't going to mention it until after the weekend but as of now, we're planning to bring the gear bench to CSSP next weekend. It will, of course, hinge on Beasts job. He's signed off being on call that weekend but bottom line we never know for sure until Friday what the weekends hold. (Gee, I hope that doesn't sound too much like JT2!)

So as surely as we can, we're planning on next weekend.

a "Beast Bench"?

Allright, way to go. Dee, I love you guys!

Everyone just be careful with the bungee cords on the bench, they can bite worse than the perch. I hope Doug recovered just fine from his last encounter with one. :D

Hope to see y'all there.

Dee

would you bringing those benches up this weekend 8/9-10 or 8/16-17?

Scubatooth once bubbled...
Dee

would you bringing those benches up this weekend 8/9-10 or 8/16-17?

NEXT weekend, as in the one after this one. So that would be 8/16-17

sealskin98 once bubbled...
a "Beast Bench"?

Allright, way to go. Dee, I love you guys!

Everyone just be careful with the bungee cords on the bench, they can bite worse than the perch. I hope Doug recovered just fine from his last encounter with one. :D

Hope to see y'all there.

Yes, one is going north. They've been such a success at Twin Lakes we wanted the Swampers up there to have one. Hopefully one of the welder/divers up there will copy it and make more.

It's almost finished, he's putting the finishing touches on it now. Mrs. Catch22 (Deb) is planning to fancy it up for you with the TSDT logo.

(Gee, I hope that doesn't sound too much like JT2!)

You ain't bringin' a pontoon boat that's fully decked out for scuba, are you? :wink:

If ya would, let us know when you know if it's a definite go... Kathleen and I would love to see y'all again....heck, maybe we can get TexasMike to go and make it an impromtu renunion of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom