A case to hold electronics while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you leave the car keys in the hotel, then how do you drive to the dive operation?
I have one of these around my neck
buy at LeisurePro

the small $7 one. It never leaked. Keys, credit card and c-card since we dove a couple of the resorts.

You're

And, no, I'm not missing anything.
You are actually missing a tremendous amount of things! Of course, it's your perogative to dive how and where you want - but to say you are not missing anything by only diving in the Great Lakes? Well, that is pretty silly...

It's a big world, lots of water. More wrecks and life in the ocean than the several lakes up there. Marie has mentioned in the past she's afraid of sharks so she won't do the salt, nothing wrong with that, but you can't knock a world class dive destination because it's "hot." If someone knocked a dive destination where it's cold, you'd say the same thing... I'd like to dive just about everywhere short of public service and waste management diving. :) Take that drysuit off and you won't be saying you're hot.

If you leave the car keys in the hotel, then how do you drive to the dive operation?
In my situation--either diving locally or when we snowbird and drive to the N. Gulf of Mexico, I put the car keys in a ziplock bag and do one of the following--
--put it under a flat rock I keep with me in the car (IF there are other rocks around so it doesn't look conspicuous).
--bury it in sand/dirt and mark the spot with a twig.
--stuff it in the bushes (least desirable).
The ziplock bag keeps the key clean of dirt and dry from rain.
For all 3 of these tactics I make sure no one is watching me do this. Not a problem in Nova Scotia--nobody there.
Not related, but I keep a spare key to the car always on me when I drive anywhere. I leave this concealed in the car when diving, but obviously not wise in Bonaire. Having a spare key somewhere you can access allows you to use the stupid computerized thing to start the car and drive it home if you actually lose your original key.

In my situation--either diving locally or when we snowbird and drive to the N. Gulf of Mexico, I put the car keys in a ziplock bag and do one of the following--
--put it under a flat rock I keep with me in the car (IF there are other rocks around so it doesn't look conspicuous).
--bury it in sand/dirt and mark the spot with a twig.
--stuff it in the bushes (least desirable).
The ziplock bag keeps the key clean of dirt and dry from rain.
For all 3 of these tactics I make sure no one is watching me do this. Not a problem in Nova Scotia--nobody there.

Even if someone saw you in NS it would not be a problem.I spend quite a bit of time in CBI and I've never even locked my door at the house.

In Bonaire OTOH....

Even if someone saw you in NS it would not be a problem.I spend quite a bit of time in CBI and I've never even locked my door at the house.

In Bonaire OTOH....
Agree, but how can a fellow NY area person (I'm Yonkers native) EVER not lock their car??!!

--unrelated--How did we get into the old Cold vs. Warm thing? So my 2 cents is shells to collect in fresh water can't compare to salt, or are pretty much non-existent. Hardly worth the work gearing up. But, we all have our own thing.
OTOH, If you're really into wrecks, I've heard the fresh water keeps them much more in tact. That would interest me more than some of the salt water piles of stuff that USED to be wrecks.... IF I were interested in wrecks.

Agree, but how can a fellow NY area person (I'm Yonkers native) EVER not lock their car??!!.

Ha. I just came back from Baddeck. Who exactly is going to steal my car. AGB's ghost? Never felt safer in my life. My car, when I lived in the city, cost me more to park than anyone pays in rent in NS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom