A beautiful day for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shot, Alcina. I'm looking forward to seeing one of those guys (in a mere 15 months...).

You guys know I can never resist an editing session! How's this? I try to do as much as possible in 'curves' anymore, but after some adjustments there made a small additional adjustment with 'selective color' for the background water, and some sharpening.

mandrake:
Nice shot, Alcina. I'm looking forward to seeing one of those guys (in a mere 15 months...).

You guys know I can never resist an editing session! How's this? I try to do as much as possible in 'curves' anymore, but after some adjustments there made a small additional adjustment with 'selective color' for the background water, and some sharpening.

Yet another possibility - it's all a bit overwhelming...I have to force myself to stop working and I have only started...otherwise I spend a ton of time flipping back and forth comparing. I thin k the stuff you have done is a bit beyond me for now...

Mandrake...you should come in 17 or 18 months so I can show off our mighty whale sharks (April - late June at least)!

alcina:
Mandrake...you should come in 17 or 18 months so I can show off our mighty whale sharks (April - late June at least)!

I'll be in the Coral Sea/GBR area in April 2005 on a Mike Ball liveaboard. I realize that's still not too close to where you live, but it's a whole heck of a lot closer than I've ever been before. :)

By the way, my new favorite book is "PhotoShop Color Correction" by Michael Kieran. It's an advanced editing book, not one to be tackled lightly (anyone who read the Richard Lynch PSE book will know what I mean), but it really shows how to dig into curves, channel blending, and sharpening, among other things. Unfortunately it's geared to above-water photos, where you have full tonal range in each color channel, but it gives you a lot of ideas for all photos. At the very least it's teaching me to re-edit a lot of photos with much less disastrous results, especially so far as sharpening goes. My only complaint about the book is that it's poorly edited and has lots of typos, including wrong numbers in some examples, but it keeps you alert.

Back
Top Bottom