90lb wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is your STA between your wing and your plate?

it should go tank>sta>wing>plate
haha no, it does look that way though... the thing that looks like an STA in the pic is just a white label on the back side of the wing
xlAs6Wy.jpg

its rigged tank>sta>wing>plate

it should go tank>sta>wing>plate[/QUOTE]
Is your STA between your wing and your plate?

Hello. That's a very good point....I hope many will read. I have what I call "Permanent STA's." you can swap out tanks blind folded. I only take them off, once and a while to check for "Hidden." damage, or to clean them.
I see a lot, of BP/W setups with the Cam bands going through wing and the slots in the STA
I'm thinking that this would be a good topic for a thread. Maybe, someone would add one?
Cheers.
Edit. Maybe the Staff/Mods could move this one? I'm still having some trouble navigating the site. Thanks.
P_20200507_160555.jpg

Faber L.P. 121 Faber H.P. 120
Apeks Deal E.png

I'm thinking, this may not be correct.:shakehead:

A

Afterthought, believe it, or not. I know a young guy, certified a year ago. He doesn't have very much money, and still rents gear often. I was thinking about giving the O.M.S. harness to him. Payment would be his wide eyes, and big smile.
Cheers.
Bless your heart. That would make his day. This is so special about diving community and make the divers life long friends. I have so many stories during my beginning diver days and even to this day, where folks went beyond their way to make a dive special for me.

Hello. That's a very good point....I hope many will read. I have what I call "Permanent STA's." you can swap out tanks blind folded. I only take them off, once and a while to check for "Hidden." damage, or to clean them.
I see a lot, of BP/W setups with the Cam bands going through wing and the slots in the STA
I'm thinking that this would be a good topic for a thread. Maybe, someone would add one?
Cheers.
Edit. Maybe the Staff/Mods could move this one? I'm still having some trouble navigating the site. Thanks.
View attachment 588171
Faber L.P. 121 Faber H.P. 120View attachment 588172
I'm thinking, this may not be correct.:shakehead:[/QUOTE]

I have STA for 35lb wing. The cam bands go behind the STA and the tank sits on the STA to get a good support.

it is, but I wouldn't use him as a role model for safe diving...
Not disagreeing with you, but why not?

He had over 20 years of special forces diver experience when he broke the worlds deepest scuba record. (Not that combat diving certifies technical divers although knowledge is limited- maybe he was part of a similar NEDU type unit?)

im currently running a SS plate, 1 piece harness, OMS wing, STA.

View attachment 588076

there is some taco-ing, i think you are going to get that on any doubles wing run with a STA.....i didnt notice any excess drag, i get more drag from my drysuit than anything else

i have 3 dives on it currently, it didnt feel unsteady, even with the taco-ing.....if gave me bouyancy when i needed it, and didnt give me any problems, and thats about all i can ask from a wing.
Is that 3 lights in your hand?

I was guessing alien design. Nice looking lights.

DW

Not disagreeing with you, but why not?

He had over 20 years of special forces diver experience when he broke the worlds deepest scuba record. (Not that combat diving certifies technical divers although knowledge is limited- maybe he was part of a similar NEDU type unit?)

combat diving does not qualify you for technical diving
chasing deep dive records is completely pointless and frankly quite dangerous
promoting diving like that and taking people on those dives is quite foolish
it is nothing other than beating your chest to make yourself relevant

Nearly all advanced diving involves a lot of chest beating. Going further in a cave, a deeper wreck, longer dives on RBs and many of the other areas we push ourselves in that are far beyond typical recreational limits. I don't discern, I just accept people will pick thier flavor of extreme be it diving, wingsuits or going fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom