90lb wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I just ordered an OMS deep ocean wing..... I though I ordered the 60lb...... but I accidentally ordered the 94lb

Will I ever need 90lbs of lift..... probably not.

That being said, it dives great..... bungies keep it streamlined, and I had no problem with air shifting around or with venting.

View media item 209703Hello. I would have to ask.....What kind of Wing is it?
Are you able to attach "Bungies?" Are they inside the cell, or outside. Some agencies won't allow bungie's at all, Do you plan on technical courses?
The questions, and variables go on, and, on and, on.
I suggest buying what you like, and also having the appropriate gear for the dive/application your pursuing. If, you like it......buy it.
I have an original O.M.S. IQ Harness. (With the embroidered patches sewn on it. (Not the decals of today.) I bought it because I liked it. It has never seen water, and just hangs there on the wall. Every time I see it I say "Man, that is "F@$%!&) nice.
I attached a picture of my "Ocean Tuxedo." An Apeks WTX6R Dual Bladder. 60 Lbs of lift.
Is 90 Lbs of lift too much? A majority will say "Yes."
I say " It's up to you."
Did I say "If, you like it buy it?
I don't mind being the guy noone wants to buy, a beer. More times than not......I'm dressed so nicely, people will offer one anyway.
Cheers.

It is a scubapro XTec horse shoe dual bladder 90 lb..pretty much a kitchen sink config and for a large community kitchen ;-)
It has all the bungees...I am a technical diver..carry a twin and a few stage bottles.
I guess the guy giving it to me did get tired of saying "Man that is f**king nice" without diving with it and I am wondering if would do the same LOL...
I guess I will keep it.. as a lot of you have already provided a multiple use of it..from zodiac to hot air balloons to wall decorations :))

So I just ordered an OMS deep ocean wing..... I though I ordered the 60lb...... but I accidentally ordered the 94lb

Will I ever need 90lbs of lift..... probably not.

That being said, it dives great..... bungies keep it streamlined, and I had no problem with air shifting around or with venting.
Thats good to hear from someone who is using it. What's your config? Any taco effect or extra drag...would love to hear in details...

It is a scubapro XTec horse shoe dual bladder 90 lb..pretty much a kitchen sink config and for a large community kitchen ;-)
It has all the bungees...I am a technical diver..carry a twin and a few stage bottles.
I guess the guy giving it to me did get tired of saying "Man that is f**king nice" without diving with it and I am wondering if would do the same LOL...
I guess I will keep it.. as a lot of you have already provided a multiple use of it..from zodiac to hot air balloons to wall decorations :))
That's awesome, Man. Good for you.
Throw up a photo when you have the time.
Cheers.

A
That's awesome, Man. Good for you.
Throw up a photo when you have the time.
Cheers.
Afterthought, believe it, or not. I know a young guy, certified a year ago. He doesn't have very much money, and still rents gear often. I was thinking about giving the O.M.S. harness to him. Payment would be his wide eyes, and big smile.
Cheers.

Thats good to hear from someone who is using it. What's your config? Any taco effect or extra drag...would love to hear in details...
im currently running a SS plate, 1 piece harness, OMS wing, STA.

QtuTTWU.jpg

there is some taco-ing, i think you are going to get that on any doubles wing run with a STA.....i didnt notice any excess drag, i get more drag from my drysuit than anything else

i have 3 dives on it currently, it didnt feel unsteady, even with the taco-ing.....if gave me bouyancy when i needed it, and didnt give me any problems, and thats about all i can ask from a wing.

im currently running a SS plate, 1 piece harness, OMS wing, STA.

View attachment 588076

there is some taco-ing, i think you are going to get that on any doubles wing run with a STA.....i didnt notice any excess drag, i get more drag from my drysuit than anything else

i have 3 dives on it currently, it didnt feel unsteady, even with the taco-ing.....if gave me bouyancy when i needed it, and didnt give me any problems, and thats about all i can ask from a wing.
Is your STA between your wing and your plate?

it should go tank>sta>wing>plate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom