9/25 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Trembling Nudibranchs
Mother and offspring?
F6.3 Macro Mode, 1/200, External Strobe with Diffuser
1.jpg

White-Margin Nudibranch
F6.3 Macro Mode, 1/200, External Strobe with Diffuser
2.jpg

Three Minute Safety Stop
F7.0, 1/250, No Strobe
3.jpg

I like the baby following the mother. So sweet...

For the three min safety stop it's a pity you forgot not to breath before shooting... otherwise it is a nice shot. I often don't remember to hold my breath.

Ciao

All three very nice. The whitemargin nudi looks like it could be straight out of a window display in a Parisian pastry shop. Sweet!

amazing, you make it look simple, i appreciate you posting your settings, im trying to internalize em:)

Great shots, Jim! The mother and offspring pic belongs in a book somewhere, as do many of your other shots.IMO
There's something about looking up and seeing whats on the surface that always intrigues me. I wonder how many forget to look up or out into the deep blue every now and then?

Great pictures!

Coleman calls the behavior in the first picture "tailgating" and thinks it is a prelude to mating.

-Mark

Jetwrench:
Great shots, Jim! The mother and offspring pic belongs in a book somewhere, as do many of your other shots.IMO
There's something about looking up and seeing whats on the surface that always intrigues me. I wonder how many forget to look up or out into the deep blue every now and then?

Thanks.
I am ALWAYS looking out into the deep blue when hanging on that anchor line for three minutes. You can call me "BAIT".

maractwin:
Great pictures!

Coleman calls the behavior in the first picture "tailgating" and thinks it is a prelude to mating.

-Mark

I wondered if that was the case.
If so, that boy don't look big enough to take her on!

Jim, about how big was the White-Margin Nudibranch ? I have seen them but they seem much "slimmer" than this one.

Do you even have particles in your water? I'm disgusted! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom