Feedback on Mares Puck "Deco" Dive - Did It Malfunction or Did I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just a thought on the abdominal pain. check the second stage of your regulator, examine the mouth piece carefully for any cracks or tears. also check the exhaust valve and diaphragm. it is possible there is a small tear and it is admitting seawater vapor on inhalation. i had that happen some years ago. the abdominal pain is exquisite !
Thanks for the feedback. Regulator is going in for cleaning this week anyway so I'll have them check it over in detail. I did notice it was a bit hard to pull a breath in and it sounded a bit nosier then usual.

Thanks for the feedback. Regulator is going in for cleaning this week anyway so I'll have them check it over in detail. I did notice it was a bit hard to pull a breath in and it sounded a bit nosier then usual.
How long did your abdominal pain last? I've had mine since Feb 20th. Today is the fist day it's seems tolerable.

How long did your abdominal pain last? I've had mine since Feb 20th. Today is the fist day it's seems tolerable.
mine lasted several days until i found a small tear in the mouthpiece. another thought, did you eat seafood when you were there? it is possible you may have ciguatera poisoning from the reef fish or shellfish, or you may have picked up a parasite.

mine lasted several days until i found a small tear in the mouthpiece. another thought, did you eat seafood when you were there? it is possible you may have ciguatera poisoning from the reef fish or shellfish, or you may have picked up a parasite.
I only ate fish and chicken. No shrimp, lobster or crab. Quite possible it was a parasite picked up somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom