9/10 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Awesome shots, do the animals just line up for you to shoot em? :D

This is only the second time one of these critters has done all this "posturing" in front of me. I have no clue as to why they do this. Most of the time they go into their "lair" when I approach.

Could it be that he/she could not get to the lair fast enough or from the looks of the back ground (sea grass) no large rocks near by to duck into, before you were on top of it?

Looks like a defensive stance, making itself look bigger to scare off predators. Or it’s posing for the next Ikelite logo or a sushi bar plate special.

Great shot anyway!

f3nikon:
Could it be that he/she could not get to the lair fast enough or from the looks of the back ground (sea grass) no large rocks near by to duck into, before you were on top of it?

Looks like a defensive stance, making itself look bigger to scare off predators. Or it’s posing for the next Ikelite logo or a sushi bar plate special.

Great shot anyway!

Actually its lair was below and in front of it. However it did swim off to another nearby lair that it did go partially into and that's where I took the second two shots.

those are just awesome shots. Jim is the "SeaWhisperer" that's why all those sea animals let him take such good shots of them.

Scuba65:
those are just awesome shots. Jim is the "SeaWhisperer" that's why all those sea animals let him take such good shots of them.

ROFL
50.jpg

Jim amazing shots,
can you tell me about how big that octo is?

constantly amazed,
Colm

First one really cool. Like the pose the light and contrast with the back.

Ciao

colm:
Jim amazing shots,
can you tell me about how big that octo is?

constantly amazed,
Colm

My best guess is about a five pounder. That species gets to about 10 pounds here.
The body was about the size of a softball before it spread out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom