809 feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because that was what I have heard for many years.
Honestly don't care enough to go looking. If you state they are keeping the records updated, post a link. If I get really bored I might look at it.
Sorry you don't seem to care about the truth.

These guys are impressed.....

1668199109582.png

Guinness doesn't recognize these records anymore. Neither does just about anyone else.
It's a record like the number of pieces of Halloween candy I eat before I start giving the stuff away. What's the record for a left handed albino eskimo? Nobody really cares. (Sorry, listening to a little dead milkmen at the moment)
I think as a 9 year old, I had the world's record for most grapes stuffed into my mouth. I neglected to contact Guinness. Sigh, my chance at worldwide fame was squashed just like those grapes.

I've looked on the Internet but can't seem to find any write up on what gear, gases and run times she used, what backup and surface support from ( SWOT) Do SWOT publish any details of their dives. Are they run under CMAS. If anyone has any links or anything.

I've looked on the Internet but can't seem to find any write up on what gear, gases and run times she used,
As far as gear, going by the pictures posted on the other thread, I'm pretty sure she used all of it.

Karen Van Den Oever finished an incredible challenge with OrcaTorch D630 canister dive light, descended to 246.65m on open-circuit in the renowned Boesmansgat cave in Northern Cape province, and broke her record set in March last year, adding 10.6 M. This is a new woman's world record!!!

The dive, which took place on 27 October, lasted 8 hours 11 minutes and the new record awaits official verification by GWR.

Congratulation to her again!!! :D

22-jpg.751512

11-jpg.751513

Back
Top Bottom