80 cu ft AL Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkaterenchuk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Thought it might be better to post this request in the Thailand forum. Since I travel over often I thought it might be good to have a couple of 80 cu ft tanks available. If anyone has a lead on one or two then please pm me.

I would prefer Luxfer brushed with DIN valves but willing to consider others provide the price is right.

Thanks, John

hello John,

You can pick up Catalina aluminium 80 cubes from stock from two or three dive suppliers on Koh Tao. DIN valves too, i think about 6-7000 baht each inc valve , trade price . If you want we can pick some up for you and have them waiting on the boat.

Thought it might be better to post this request in the Thailand forum. Since I travel over often I thought it might be good to have a couple of 80 cu ft tanks available. If anyone has a lead on one or two then please pm me.

I would prefer Luxfer brushed with DIN valves but willing to consider others provide the price is right.

Thanks, John

Hey John, sounds like you are living the dulce vide all the power to you :) Chris

Hey John, sounds like you are living the dulce vide all the power to you :) Chris

Thanks. I keep trying to get Kevin S to come over with me. But he keeps saying he needs to work for a living. How boring is that!

John

hello John,

You can pick up Catalina aluminium 80 cubes from stock from two or three dive suppliers on Koh Tao. DIN valves too, i think about 6-7000 baht each inc valve , trade price . If you want we can pick some up for you and have them waiting on the boat.

Jamie

Thanks for the info. I think I will hold off for now. I currently have a set of CCR tanks in Thailand that I time share with a local person and it works out nicely. I could envision the same situation with the 80's. I use them when I come over and otherwise they can be used by the local person that keeps them safely available. If that does not work the then second option is to pickup a couple of used 80's(from a DS going out of business maybe) or I would bring some over from the USA on future trips (since I can pickup good used 80's for <$100).

John

We are going to be working hard over here to make Mallorca a new place to come and enjoy for both diving and fun in the sun, Kevin wimped out on coming here in the winter :)

hi John,

In my experience there's no such thing as a good used Dive Centre tank here in Thailand, i wouldn't sell you one of ours, so yiur first option sounds good

Finally got my first Uk dive in, 3 degreesC , very cold, but a lot of fun, Dived a wreck out of Littlehampton, going a bit further out next time and then Scapa Flow end of May.

I'll miss the diving there next month though,

J

hi John,

In my experience there's no such thing as a good used Dive Centre tank here in Thailand, i wouldn't sell you one of ours, so yiur first option sounds good

Finally got my first Uk dive in, 3 degreesC , very cold, but a lot of fun, Dived a wreck out of Littlehampton, going a bit further out next time and then Scapa Flow end of May.

I'll miss the diving there next month though,

J

Awwww that's my kind of temperatures.....when you come back to Thailand you will appreciate the warm water again. I will get over to dive Scapa some time.....once I get tired of MV Trident dives.

John

Thanks, John

I just saw some in the classified section of the Phuket Gazette. You might want to try there.

Cheers,
Ken G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom