8 days in Egypt, any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Salem Express is too far away from Marsa Shagra. Even more the Thistlegorm.
For the Salem Express You will have to move to the Safaga Area e.g. Orca Dive in Soma Bay. But i am afraid that will cut too much of your time and the logistics are not straight forward: it's not just showing up and "hey, here i am, can i join the day trip to the Salem Express".
You will have to know the day of the trip (it's not every day, departure is about 08:30) and you will have to register for that trip. I doubt that this is posible via phone or email. And you will nead to undergo a check dive with one of the DMs upfront, they will not take you on board without.

5 nights in Marsa Shagra

Now you owe us a detailed report on your stay and diving there :)

Note: You aren't going to be diving during the best time of the year there, it will actually be the worst time of the year to dive and be there so take that into consideration. You will need a heavier wetsuit 5 - 7mm with hood and gloves (locals dive with neoprene drysuits). I'd suggest to check with the resort concerning what will be the best thermal protection for that time of the year ahead of your arrival there. Also, you will need a very warm windbreaker for when you are on the surface pre and après diving as well as for the evenings.

It's true that daily dive boats are not allowed to come back after dark, thus normal that they won't allow 3 dives.

If you like wrecks, I understand that you want to see the Thistlegorm, but I assure you the Salem is not worth going to Safaga....

Back
Top Bottom