8/27/05 - Rock Divers (Madison Quarry)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to be heading out to do a few dives with Mike_S on Saturday the 27th out at rockdivers. I have an extra spot in my car if anybody in the local area is interested in heading out there with me. Also anybody else that wants to just come on out and dive, the more the merrier. Looking forward to a nice day in the sun,

Matt

My friends are checking their schedules, I should know something within a day or two.

I will also be there. Maybe I can meet some of the board members?

Sounds good Mat, let us know what is going on.

rdharbis1: Sounds great, I'll be in a 4 door champaign colored oldsmobile with a georgia dive sticker on the back window. Cya there,

Matt

What time will everyone be showing up, leaving, etc? I wouldn't mind meeting some of you guys as well. Also, if I'm not mistaken that is also the weekend of "quarry days" for the Dive Sports crew in Decatur,Al. I think that if you pay in advance(the normal quarry fee) they will aslo serve lunch. Of course, eating ranks as high as diving in my book....

Shaun

Corigan:
Sounds good Mat, let us know what is going on.

rdharbis1: Sounds great, I'll be in a 4 door champaign colored oldsmobile with a georgia dive sticker on the back window. Cya there,

Matt

Going to be meeting around 8 and hanging out till around 2 or 3. I signed up for the quarry days deal as well.

Matt

Flodiver:
What time will everyone be showing up, leaving, etc? I wouldn't mind meeting some of you guys as well. Also, if I'm not mistaken that is also the weekend of "quarry days" for the Dive Sports crew in Decatur,Al. I think that if you pay in advance(the normal quarry fee) they will aslo serve lunch. Of course, eating ranks as high as diving in my book....

Come on out!

Yep. Signing up with Dive Sports is the better deal. Lunch and soft drinks are included in their price. (Just remember to sign up with them on Friday or before
so they can buy food, etc).

For more info on their Quarry Days, see the below URL. You can sign
up with them beforehand via phone. You can rent tanks from them too,
but check with them on where to pick up (quarry or shop), etc.
http://www.divesports.com/TripDetails/quarry082705.htm

I should be there between 8am and 8:30am and most likely stay until 2 or 3pm.
-Mike

As of last Sunday, one of the two docks on the West end was still out of order.
(What’s-his-name at the office said, something to the effect of, the delay in repairs was due to a disagreement between Rock Divers and the city.)
If not fixed by then, It may get a bit crowded on the one, but Jonathan’s expertise on the grill will make the inconvenience bearable. :chef:

I signed up with Dive Sports this morning! Since it is Quarry Day, I am expecting it to be crowded but I don't think there are any classes going on, or maybe there are. Where I got my OW said they are not having classes this weekend.
We are bringing the tent and staying a while.

Back
Top Bottom