8/26 Isla Vista Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuz12

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Place: Isla Vista
Time: 3:30 PM
Directions: 101 N to Storke Rd. Make left heading past Hollister Ave. Four roads branch off of Storke at the end called: Camino Majorca, Camino Del Sur, Camino Pescadero, and El Embarcadero. See attachment at bottom of page!

Info:
Access and entry: Four access points, most down stairs, one down ramp, to sand beach surf entry.Easy beach access can be found at (west to east) Camino Majorca, Camino Del Sur, Camino Pescadero, and El Embarcadero.
Skill Level: Advanced for beach diver
Depths: To 45 feet.
Visibility: Poor to fair, averaging 10 to 15 feet
Hazards: Traverse through thick kelp on beach dive.
Sights: Spearfishing good for halibut, calicos, and sometimes white sea bass or yellowtail, ridges, overhangs, thick kelp, broken reefs and boulders farther out.

Thanks!

Safety Note:
The Beach Crabs are a dive scheduling group. We schedule dives. Each diver is responsible for making sure they have planned their individual dives, are experienced enough to do the dives, and have talked with and feel comfortable with a dive buddy. These dives are scheduled for your enjoyment. Scubaboard, The Beach Crabs, and the participants, of these dives, are not responsible for you, your equipment, for your dive planning, determining your qualifications for these dives, or teaming you with an experienced buddy. You alone are solely responsible for your diving activities! Make sure you dive in a safe and responsible manner. By participating in The Beach Crabs events, you agree to these terms

Attachments

• S_barbm.gif
    S_barbm.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm in:D. I gotta get some diving in before summer is over. I'm getting very close to dive 100 and would like to get it done before the end of summer. Maybe it's possible.

I have a meeting that evening or else I'd be in...

I tried to dive there before and they were working on the stairway and had it all closed off.
It might be worth it to drive by and make sure it's back up and running?

I have a meeting that evening or else I'd be in...

I tried to dive there before and they were working on the stairway and had it all closed off.
It might be worth it to drive by and make sure it's back up and running?

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to drive by early Monday and check out the stairs.

I will be there.

The stairways for Camino Majorica & Camino Pescadero are open. There is more kelp visible at Camino Pescadero but parking stinks. I would suggest we meet at the intersection of Camino Majorca and Del Playa and figure it out from there.

Ok I have your guys phone number :D

The stairways for Camino Majorica & Camino Pescadero are open. There is more kelp visible at Camino Pescadero but parking stinks. I would suggest we meet at the intersection of Camino Majorca and Del Playa and figure it out from there.
sounds good.....I'll be hanging out in SB so see ya all there tomorrow!

Ok i will defently be calling you guys. The map does not name all of the streets and alls i know is go left off the freeway. Expect a Call from me once i Exit. Im going to leave here about 1:45 strait from work.

Directions....
  • Exit 101 at Storke Rd
  • Left on Storke Road (towards the ocean)
  • Left on El Colegio Rd
  • Right on Camino Corto
  • Right on Del Playa Rd
  • At the end of Del Playa is Camino Majorca (we meet here)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom