8-14-08 Catalina Island pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've still not seen an octopus in monterey yet. I keep hoping on one of my dives to come across one. I peek in a lot of holes, but havent seen one yet. Very cool photos.

Thanks Noboundaries, Kristin, Deeperthoughts, Jeff, Gombessa, Peter, Paradicio, Steve, Andy DRSharky and ryssyr.

I've still not seen an octopus in monterey yet. I keep hoping on one of my dives to come across one. I peek in a lot of holes, but havent seen one yet. Very cool photos.

They're out there. If you look at the picture, there's a clue next to the hole. My wife is the chief Octopus spotter and she looks for the telltale shells at the edge of the hole. They also pull them inside to hide behind. On a later dive, we had a great time fighting with a big guy in a hole over his shells. We got one out, but he had another crammed against him for dear life. It might as well have been held by superglue. I guess he was camera shy.

Thanks Leesa and Ken. Yes, these were taken last week on the Vision trip. We unfortunately didn't get to San Clemente due to Naval exercises, and apparently the captain felt Farnsworth Banks had too much exposure for the current and swell conditions. We did two days on Catalina and the last couple of dives Saturday on Santa Cruz. I'll have more to post including a shot of my new dive buddy, a Black Sea Bass who brought 8 or 9 friends with him, when I get done getting ready for the start of school next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom