7mm wetsuit Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just did a fresh water/pool test with my new Bare Reactive 7mm in XLT (6-2” / 220lb)
[...]
24lbs buoyant give or take a 1lb
That's interesting. I've measured a new XXL Reactive 7mm at 16 lbs at the surface with a luggage scale. Did you flood the suit? Who knows, maybe they changed their neoprene. Regardless, it's a good idea to evaluate the air in the wing after a dive at a 10 ft safety stop at reserve pressure. (10 ft instead of 15 ft because of the corking tendency of a 7mm suit). For sure there won't be any trapped air after a dive.

All I did was put it on, zip it up and jump in the pool.
Next time you get a chance to repeat this exercise, pull the neck of the wetsuit open after jumping in the pool. This will release most of the air that is trapped in your suit, and you will probably find that it is, at least, a couple of pounds less buoyant.

Erik

Next time you get a chance to repeat this exercise, pull the neck of the wetsuit open after jumping in the pool. This will release most of the air that is trapped in your suit, and you will probably find that it is, at least, a couple of pounds less buoyant.

Erik
Just dove with an instructor today. I was not flushing. It dropped my lbs to ~22lbs (with bcd and tank)…gonna try ~20lbs tomorrow and decide which one works better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom