7mm in dahab in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lims

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i'm going to dahab on saturday for 10 guided dives.

I have a 7 mm semi dry suit that i wear under a 5 mm shorty for uk diving.

I bought a 5mm cressi wetsuit for £175 (no seals, not a semi-dry) for the trip, but now i'm wondering if i might get cold on long deep dives, or even if not, maybe i would just be ok to use my 7mm semi dry, i could take the 5mm back to the shop coz i havn't used it yet?

what are peoples thoughts?

Probably too late to see this but im currently in a 7mm semi dry plus 3mm vest under it and im freezing now on most dives. Need cheap flights so i can go home and get my drysuit.

Some people are still in t-shirt and shorts diving though.

Probably too late to see this but im currently in a 7mm semi dry plus 3mm vest under it and im freezing now on most dives. Need cheap flights so i can go home and get my drysuit.

Some people are still in t-shirt and shorts diving though.
looks like an overkill, but if you're cold you're cold..
BTW, how deep/long are you dives on average?

Did you have fun in Dahab? I was diving there on Friday, was wearing almost all the neoprene I own and whilst I was cold, it was doable hehe. Others were in shorties brrrr, mine has now been hung up for the winter... however I am not quite in my drysuit just yet hehe

just baught a 5mm to use in the end, was perfect, didnt get cold, most dives were around 1 hour, or a bit less when we were at 30m, had a great time, met some great new friends, did the bells, blue hole etc

Today was in 3mm vest, 7mm semi dry, hood and 3mm shortie on top. Was comfortable on the dives (typically 30m / 50 mins).

Fleece needed on surface though as at Gabr today with howling wind it was COLD in between dives. Air only 25c too and water 26c.

Flights are booked, my Drysuit arrives (with me!) next month. I can't wait!

Glad you had a great time Lims...

Wow String.. 25ºC air temp!! Brr, that dropped a bit... will bear that in mind next time I am up your way... my drysuit needs a service, maybe I should pull my finger out n get the wrist seals fixed before it's too late! Hehe..

Back
Top Bottom