7mi Beach/Marriott Dive Op recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking like we'll be in Cayman for Spring Break. Will be staying at the Marriott. Looking for dive op recommendation. Prefer well run, small boat, non-handholding type operators. Family vacation with my non-diving wife and non-diving kids, so convenience will be key as well. Hoping to get two days of boat dives in.

Also, any ops that are located someplace with a nice beach where perhaps the family can hang out while I do some dives? Esp shore dives.

Thanks!

Several ops will pick up and drop off at the Marriot.I use DNS Diving (Dusty Norman) ,and have been using them for the last 4 years,no handholding - pretty laid back - do your own thing type.They will also keep your equipment so it is ready on the boat the next day.They have three boats so they pretty much have most of island covered,except the East End,try to do as much North Wall diving as possible

Not so much shore diving on island.

The Turtle Farm (Cracked Conch) - restaurant bar on premise
Eden Rock - in Georgetown
Lighthouse point
Sunset House - Restaurant bar on premise

To name a few.

Divetech/Cobalt Coast has a "beach" behind the ironshore. And they have shore dive packages for non-guests. Cayman Resort | Vacation Packages from Cobalt Coast

All the sites mentioned in the previous post ^ are on ironshore.

Cemetary Beach is one of the few beach dives on the west side - but it's shallow. Closest place to get tanks is probably Divers [-]Direct[/-] Supply in West Bay, most of the diveops won't let you remove them from their property. Eden Rock has a 24hr. rental program.

hth,

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of SeaSports. Small boat, pick you up on beach (by boat) valet your gear, 9AM pick up (I like sleeping in)......

Shore dives - Eden Rock is nice for snorkels and diving, Sunset house, your family could be shopping in town. Turtle reef, your family could snorkel (depends on surge) could explore Hell, or the turtle farm. The Restaurant and bar are great there as well. (Cracked Conch, Macabucca). Smith Cove for beach and diving, (you'll need to find a source for taking tanks off site and bring your own buddy). Never done the dive tech sites but hear they are good as well. Locals may be able to direct you on how to do Armchair reef and bonnie's arch in a way to not be busted for treaspassing.

thnx for the info

I have stayed at the Marriott and use Indigo Divers. Indigo's owners, Kate and Chris, are great. The have a smaller boat and only take out 6 people. Kate will pick you up and drop you off. I highly recommend them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom