7 mm wetsuit problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster1

Reaction score
I bought my 7 mm farmer john custom made wetsuit last year.
waited like 2 and half months for it to come in. It finally comes in and I try it on and it all fits great except the arms between my wrists and my elbows right at my fore arms is really really tight.
The lds owner who measured me says something to the tune as to they make em tight like that around the arms because no water will rush through them. I kinda wanted to send it back, but I had waited so long that I didn't want to wait any longer to go diving. When I get into the water and descend 15-20 feet and so on, it doesn't bother me, but on the surface before I get in the water it is awful. It is so tight it feels like I am being given a blood pressure test on my fore arms, really uncomortable. I slick my arms down with conditioner to help get in it and this year I now put panty hose on my arms to put my suit on easier. Any solution for this fore arm problem??:confused:

Originally posted by Rooster1
it all fits great except the arms between my wrists and my elbows right at my fore arms is really really tight.
The lds owner who measured me says something to the tune as to they make em tight like that around the arms because no water will rush through them.
Bologna!
Have the LDS alter the suit free of charge!
or
If they won't cooperate get the suit altered and find a new dive shop while spreading the word about the old one...

Is this another case for buying online?

I'm with Uncle Pug. Mine slides on and off. There's very little water transfer. I'd go further and contact the manufacturer. BTW what's the name of the LDS so I can be prepared.

Interested to know how you make out. Good luck.

Even the ill named "semi-dry" suits do not have the restricted feeling that you are speaking of. If it is that bad, I would take it back.

I got a hold of the lds guy and he said call him tomorrow as he was bring up my file and he knows he measured me right at the fore arm. He said he will have the supplier fix the suit or replace it free of charge (excellent). Only bummer is last time it took to long for the suit to come in. I guess they were really busy. I hope they let me use the one I got and just send a proper one. This suit is made in British Columbia and it is usually only 3 days for delivery that far, but I am afraid it will take a couple of months like last time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom