7 Foot Hose for Atomic M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone send me a link for a 7ft hose for my Atomic M1. I am having trouble finding 1. I just ordered them from Atomic, but am unsure of the fitting size. 9/16"-18 I believe. I am looking for rubber hose

Thank you

From DGX:
$30.95
IN STOCK

ORDER WITHIN 3HRS:54MINS TO SHIP TODAY
Click Me!
8 Reviews
Our rubber low pressure regulator hoses are made specifically for scuba diving with chromed brass fittings.
Hose Lengths *
| 213 cm} $30.95
* Required Fields
Qty:

Add to Cart

all of the hoses are standard regulator hoses unless you have a weird first stage, Apeks and some others had a larger port for the primary regulator, but those have gone away and adapters exist. You won't have the integrated ball swivel thing on the atomic anymore, however you are unlikely to need it.

I'm not a fan of braided, but others are. Rubber is below it. Nothing special about them. If you want to put a ball swivel on, Cave Adventurers also has them. I like them on all of my regulators, but to each his own
Cave Adventurers - Regulator Hoses (Kevlar) - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
Cave Adventurers - Regulator Hoses - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
Cave Adventurers - Swivel - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

Unless you want the comfort swivel on the hose there is really no need to order a 7' hose from Atomic. As noted above any std. hose will work. Also you you do want a rubber hose rather than a braided hose because the 7 footers are too floaty.

Isn't the comfort swivel the main attraction to atomic vs competitors high end regulators?

Isn't the comfort swivel the main attraction to atomic vs competitors high end regulators?
The M1 is directed for the technical market and thus it doesn't have a swivel on the SS hose by default.

If you're starting with the Atomic swivel end on the LP hose, there's also a jam nut that goes between the hose end and the second stage. A standard hose will still work without the jam nut if you can't find one.

I'm not a fan of braided, but others are. Rubber is below it. Nothing special about them. If you want to put a ball swivel on, Cave Adventurers also has them. I like them on all of my regulators, but to each his own
Cave Adventurers - Regulator Hoses (Kevlar) - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
Cave Adventurers - Regulator Hoses - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
Cave Adventurers - Swivel - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!
Braided is NO GOOD for the long hose in cave diving. I can say that with confidence. I had all braided hoses during cave class. When it came time to do the OOA Donate with lights out drill we found the problem. With only a moderate pull on the long braided hose it will kink near where it connects to the first stage. It kinks easily and is enough to totally clamp off air flow.

The instructor complained about it and I really didn't believe him for a minute (later, on land). We tested it. It really is exceptionally easy to kink off the flow on a braided hose. We couldn't do it very easily with the shorter braided hoses I had so I kept them, but bought a rubber replacement for the 7'.

Anyway.. even though I'm not even a certified cave diver or officially even a technical diver yet. I can say with confidence, braided long hose = no good. Pity, because the braided hoses are a lot easier to manage imo.

they also float, and will abrade the back of your neck pulling hair, and/or shred drysuit neck seals. Like I said, I'm not a huge fan, but others are....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom