7 Day Liveaboard in Sea of Cortez?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've talked with Dora (her and her husband own the boat) throughout her process of building the boat. There is no doubt she has built a world class dive boat. I am sure it will take her time to develop some momentum (tough time of year to launch a new boat). The market will tell her whether or not the pricing is spot on or wrong. I am confident either her or one of the folks who is helping her is reading all your feedback and sure she appreciates the constructive commentary and well wishes.

I wish her and the rest of the crew safe sailing and best of luck. I look forward to my first journey on the Rocio del Mar.

John

/////

Sounds good to me so far. I look forward to experiencing it sometime next year!

And from the pics, I think living in luxury for a week would be well worth the price.

Yes!!! There is a new liveaboard that departs from Rocky Point. Departure time is Saturday late afternoon. It is a 12 hour or so run to the midriff islands. Absolutely spectacular. You wake
up at the islands. 6 days of non stop diving. The boat is beautiful. Returning the following Saturday. Lots and lots of sea life.

Don't know anything about this vessel. However, I used to do a fair bit of diving in the Sea of Cortez, mostly among the offshore islands between La Paz and Loreto, and in the Cabo area. I was working on an eco-cruise line (Lindblad Expeditions).

I always enjoy diving new areas because it gives me an opportunity to try to "reconstruct" an ecosystem I'm not familiar with as a biologist. The Sea of Cortez is different from the temperate waters I'm used to and the tropical seas I do much of my dive travel to.

Dr. Bill,
I'm looking forward to corresponding with you. We have the new liveaboard that will be working the midriff islands. I saw the you tube video about the Lindblad. Midriff are a bit north of where
you were, even though it does talk about isla Raza and we will be visiting San Esteban, San Lorenzo, Sal si puedes, La Raza and a few more. It excites me that you are familiar with that
area. Water starts to heat up in May. Our web site is Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive....

I just got back from a 5 day trip w/a LDS on the Rocio del Mar, and it was great. The crew was on top of things. They keep you well fed with good food and were attentive. The boat was really nice. The diving is in places that don't get a lot of divers. We saw 2 sailboats the whole time we were down there. Tons of sea life. Plenty of rays and fishes. Visibility was ok-usually not more than 60 ft. Saw whales and dolphins from the boat. Disclaimer: this is my first liveaboard, but others on the trip say it was the best they've had. Not sure what constitutes a luxury liveaboard.

Hey, I know this is a new liveaboard dive operation new to Puerto Penasco as of December, but...

• Is this something you would be interested in?
  • Is there great diving in the Sea of Cortez?
  • 7 Days for $2000 / 3 meals a day, tanks included. Is the price reasonable?

I know there are better destinations, but is the price reasonable for this kind of trip? I never have been, but for me, a 4 hour drive to Rocky Point is well worth not spending $500+ on airfare.

Included : Your accommodations and housekeeping; all meals, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages; fuel surcharges; any marine park fees; port fees; up to four guided dives per day (conditions permitting); tanks, air, and weights; use of kayaks; dinner on the day of embarkation and breakfast on the day of disembarkation

Additional fees would be Anything purchased on board such as gear, clothing and sundries, dive training and certifications, massages and body treatments, and alcoholic beverages. Tipping is entirely up to you, and we ask you to wait until the end of the trip

Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - eat, sleep & dive....
Hi, this is an amazing trip!! I am so lucky to be one of the instructors on this amazing vessel and we have been having a great first season! We are offering great winter specials!!! 3 day Bird Island trips, Puerto Lobos, and also San Felipe and Puertocitos hot springs. Come and Join us!!!
Happy Diving!!!! Lea

Back
Top Bottom