7-22-6 Spring Dives(Cypress?) - for the Brave!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You asked SeaYoda :D

There has been some talk about hittin up Cypress this weekend. I can take, one/two passengers, but I believe they've been spoken for by bennedc w/husband. PHD has a boat and a passenger, not sure if that little tin can of his can seat another :wink: If Cypress becomes the place to be, all others would need to aquire a ride of some sorts.

The biggest problem I see is the water levels. I've never navigated Holmes Creek with water levels so low and I'm not positively sure that we won't have to lift the boats over a few downed trees(?). I DO know that the trip will require a walk down the spring run, atleast for a few hundred feet. I'm game if thats what everyone wants.

Meet at 9AM at the Culpepper Ln boatlaunch with 2 tanks each. Do both dives at Cypress and eat a late lunch at Dee's. :eyebrow:

The alternative is, of course, Morrison.

Anyone want to dive on Sunday as well? PCB? Destin? If so, I'm game for diving Morrison in the PM before I camp.

I'll see if I can borrow Gulf-Gulper's canoe for Saturday morning. There will be a spot open for an oarsman or woman :D.

Maybe the low water level will keep the airboat away :thumb:. It might be interesting to see him hop a log though :).

Am I invited?????????

Tom Smedley:
Am I invited?????????

Of course, I believe SeaYoda may have an open seat. If not, I'll make two trips if you promise to type up the dive report. You're more eloquent with words than I am :D

We haven't actually done a practice run with the Tin Can to see how it runs fully loaded. It is easy to drag around if it gets beached with just us in it, as evidenced by the photographs and accompanying insulting commentary about my icecream consumption that I know were posted on ZD. :rolleyes:
Anyway as such I will prod the Nonplanner into doing a fully loaded test run in the lake tomarrow evening but I'd wager that we will be full even though I'll only do one tank.
Additonally Nonplanner and I have discovered that Morrison at dusk is pretty fun so I'm sure we could do that with with you.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Additonally Nonplanner and I have discovered that Morrison at dusk is pretty fun so I'm sure we could do that with with you.

Sure is, I like diving it late dusk with just enough light to find your way out the cavern. Then continue diving on until night to watch the bottom come alive. Crawfish there too, dontcha know?

:wavey: Don't leave me out. I've posted that I want to do Cypress on several occassions. I'll push, pull or anything else that is necessary.

kchFLA:
:wavey: Don't leave me out. I've posted that I want to do Cypress on several occassions. I'll push, pull or anything else that is necessary.

you could always put on a mask/snorkel and let SBM 'tow' you up the run to cypress. :D

Actually he got a really cool pic of you there in May. the half in/half out of water pic.

That picture is great. Part of the reason I'm jumping up and down:jump013: to go is that was the weekend after I got certified. I want to go back now that I'm a tad bit better diver. As much as I enjoyed it then, I was worrying about this, that, the other, and everything else.

I was also thinking that maybe I could con the guy down the street into letting me take the boat he has for sale on a test run. Only problem is I don't have a trailer hitch and even if I did don't trust myself to drive while towing a boat behind.:11:

Wouldn't you just know it. A run on Cypress and my friends from Baton Rouge planning to dive the same day. Well, if they call Friday and cancel, you just might get to see the infamous (in other circles) ClayJar deftly piloting the Bayou Marshmallow through treacherous waters...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom