7/17 Hollywood Shore Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
Who is up for a night dive tomorrow (Thursday) from Hollywood? This is a nice dive not on the maps... very easy and VERY popular with reef creatures. We lost count of the eels on our morning dive there a couple weeks ago. Since Jenny introduced us to it I've been dying to do a night dive there.

So far it's me, Marvel and Seadog. Directions to follow...

We will be meeting at 7:30 PM at Johnson Street and then diving by 8 or 8:30 I will bring some fruit.

Mike do you have a flag. I lent mine out over the weekend and did not get it back yet or I can get it by tommorrow afternoon

I will also have some extra glow stix if anyone needs....

Dan

Hey, Dan, I wouldn't forget the pineapple. I just might go out and get it tonight just in case. It looks like Marvel will be joining us after all.

Anybody else? This is an awesome day dive and it should be incredible at night.

e-me and I'll send you my cell.

I have always wanted to do this at night! I really want to make it, but as usual I need a kid sitter. Will call around. I will try to make it. I hope we can get the vis and the sea conditions we had today....

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
I have always wanted to do this at night! I really want to make it, but as usual I need a kid sitter. Will call around. I will try to make it. I hope we can get the vis and the sea conditions we had today....
Well now we don't have to worry. With you there the dive will be a success!

OK Mike, where are the directions? LOL!

Quick Directions.
From the North. (Sheridan street and north)
Get to A1A go south to Indiania St. Turn Left to Surf road. Go to the parking lot 2 blocks to the north, park as close to the beach as possible.

From The South (Hollywood Blvd and South)
Get to A1A, go north to Indiania St. Turn Right to Surf Rd. Turn north to parking lot, park as close as possible to the beach.

IF I make it I will be flying a scubaboard . com flag.

We will be going out a couple paces south of the lifeguard stand. Look forward to meeting new buddies, especially since one of our own is leaving us...
:(

I guess we should mention that we're all clams on this trip so far. We're approaching 2 hours underwater, so if you're thinking about coming and don't have your breathing under control yet you should *try* to bring a buddy who can head back with you early.

BUT by all means come on down! Somebody will stick with ya.

Also, check your batteries! See you all in a few hours.

Another awesome dive! Mike Marve and Showboat were my buddies for the evenings adventure. Went down while it was still daylight and found the rock pile quite easily. The critters were tucking themselves in for the night while the night owls were making their appearance. Lots and lots of brittle stars, candy cane shrimp, arrowhead crabs, flame scallops, medusa worms. This dive is so awesome during the day, at night it is just as good. Taking our time we were able to peer into all the cracks and holes, finding all sorts of critters.
I am tired, its late. good night!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom