600S vs. X650

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
I know there have been a lot of threads on these regulators. I have to purchase a new reg setup within a week and I'm pretty much stuck with scubapro since my LDS only sells and services SB regs. I don't care about price and am only diving warm water and want the best setup possible. Are the bugs worked out of the X650 yet? If so, I would prefer the X650. Anyone out there have good results on the new reg? Any thoughts or advice would be extremely appreciated.

Another option to look at is www.scubatoys.com Larry is a member of this board, has great deals and great service. He also sells other brands of regs which in my oppinion are superior to SP.

I prefer the G250 ot the S600 for a variety of reasons. The S600 is smaller but gives up a bit for the small size and is not worth the extra money.

The X650 has some good design points that should make it superior to either the G250 or S600 once the bugs are worked out. But to date there have been problems with the reg working very well for 10-20 dives and then experiencing an increase in cracking effort.

And in addition, my X650 has been on backorder since August, so actually getting one from SP could prove interesting and may not really be an option for you to consider if you want to buy one soon. Oddly though we just received an upgrade kit for each X650 purchased plus 2 extras from SP. So SP seems to think my SP has arrived because its upgrade kit did. I'm officially confused.

The upgrade kit consists of a new diaphragm with a low friction type treatment done to the pad in the center and a new sticker to put on the front to indicate it has been upgraded.

If you want a reg now, I'd go with the G250.

Quarrior:
Another option to look at is www.scubatoys.com Larry is a member of this board, has great deals and great service. He also sells other brands of regs which in my oppinion are superior to SP.

I dove the x650 on saturday at scubatoys and they indeed have them in stock. My current setup is the G250 and I had a chance to dive the x650/g250 back-to-back for about an hour.

My very subjective conclusion is that the x650 does breath better than the g250, but only marginally so. Because the pool is only 10ft deep, I can't offer any deep diving comparisons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom