6 Gill Shark in Ansell Place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool!

Dam that would have been an adrenalin rush for seeing one local, sweet!

That is pretty neat. Any idea at what depth this was at?

No idea. Near the middle of the video you see a starfish and 2 feather stars. Because of that, if I had to bet, I'd say 74.38 feet.

No idea. Near the middle of the video you see a starfish and 2 feather stars. Because of that, if I had to bet, I'd say 74.38 feet.

Hah! The question was of course more directed at anyone who might know as a result of being there, or knowing who was there - as opposed to any suggestion that the depth could be figured out from the video.

:D

It can't be that deep. I don't recall seeing those feather stars too far below 100'. Maybe I've been too narked to notice.

The shark seems to be a bit smallish for a 6 gill (just hitting puberty?), but it does make it up by charging towards the camera and the divers.

but it does make it up by charging towards the camera and the divers.

I'll say, that would be quite something to experience. "Hey, where did all my air go...?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom