6.5" Bands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterof0

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I just got some LP45 tanks back from hydro and the bands that were originally on them were rusted through so they were trashed. Now that I have them back, I measured the tanks and they appear to be 6.5" tanks. 5.5, 6.9, etc seem to be common sizes, but I have not been successful in finding any 6.5" bands. Does anyone know where I can find some bands this size?

They are older cylinders and based on what people have told me, they not "traditional" cyliders but have been possibly converted possibly from aviation. I am taking the word of the previous owner that they are 45s, but they are 6.5" diamer and 1800 psi, so that would lend itself to a similar volume.

Yes, it sounds like you will need custom bands. You will also need to know the center to center spacing of your manifold to have them made.

If ya want a set of vintage 6.9" bands on a backpack let me know. I'd would give them to you for free, just pay for the postage. As said you would probably need to put some spacers between the cylinders and bands but many did that anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom