50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both 56 (but she got there first). Started diving 4 years ago, but wanted to 44 years ago (does that count?). Live in Colorado, but she will only dive here when forced to, so we go to Bonaire or Cozumel. Hope to hit some other locales as well. Rescue Diver for me. A broken back has delayed her taking Rescue, but diving has been great therapy and her doc encourages it!

There have been a couple of threads fairly recently where many people spoke of the relief of back pain (and some other pains) while diving :)

Weightless with essentially a back brace on. The only time she had an issue was in an abnormally strong current in Cozumel and the DM was forcing everybody to stay together. Another reason Bonaire has been great--no current!

I am currently at 42. Just wanted to ask "old" guys who are +50 whether you noticed any visible signs or experienced some issues during diving when you reached 50.

50's not a lot of change.
60's Old injuries tend to come home for a visit and tanks seem to get heavier each year.
70's Just started that adventure and manifolded doubles will be broken down for sidemount.

I am currently at 42. Just wanted to ask "old" guys who are +50 whether you noticed any visible signs or experienced some issues during diving when you reached 50.

Anybody know any old guys to have him talk to?

Back
Top Bottom