$50 Harbor Freight hookah system testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you look at the pic below you can see how Brownie's sets it up. Obviously this is from a scuba regulator, but the same applies to hookah. Heat hose to QRS to long hose, then QRS to regulator hose/second stage. On the second set of QRS you can see a buckle. That is a waist belt with a normal fastex buckle and the other side of the buckle is attached to the QRS. You could also tie a bolt snap onto the hose like you would for a regulator hose or SPG, then clip it to a d-ring on a weight belt which is what I would do.
s338354733632086935_p394_i2_w1944.jpe

I bought the Lowe’s compressor and have been very happy with it. However, today I opened the drain after using it and got some rusty water out. I realize the compressor will accumulate moisture when running but is there a way to prevent this rust? Furthermore, is the rust a concern since I breath off this thing? My guess would be yes. Should I can the compressor or can I use it with a filter? If so can anyone recommend a filter? Damn, sorry for all the questions.

I bought the Lowe’s compressor and have been very happy with it. However, today I opened the drain after using it and got some rusty water out. I realize the compressor will accumulate moisture when running but is there a way to prevent this rust? Furthermore, is the rust a concern since I breath off this thing? My guess would be yes. Should I can the compressor or can I use it with a filter? If so can anyone recommend a filter? Damn, sorry for all the questions.
Big Red ,like TBone said you have to go aluminum and oil less, if I’m not mistaken T bone turned me on to the California air tool compressor, it was under $300 bucks , works great and no rust!

traditional oil-less compressors are pre-lubed with teflon. The gas inside of these compressors gets VERY hot which is why they have a limited duty cycle before overheating. Teflon as a lubricant means it will wear off over time and the combo of it wearing off and the heat makes it carcinogenic which is why teflon pans have started to fall out of favor.
The duty cycle of these compressors is typically 30 on, 30 off and on a hookah that can be a problem.

The diaphragm compressors run a lot cooler and don't use the same type of pre-lube. There is a reason that hookahs and O2 concentrators use those diaphragm style compressors, I would recommend following suit.

Hi,

Does your concern include the Gast PCA-10 ? I'm asking because I have one and I would like to build a hookah with it.

Hi,

Does your concern include the Gast PCA-10 ? I'm asking because I have one and I would like to build a hookah with it.

that is a relatively low RPM pump and is already used in some commercial surface supplied systems. I would still put a particulate filter on there but it's a lot less of a concern than the ones for garages that are high rpm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom