50-1 soccer game

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hehe, amateurs!
What's weird is that I'd enjoy a great game of football that ended in a 1-0 or 2-1 score, rather than that embarassment of a score!

Anyway the record for the most goals scored in a senior Men's International Football is During the 31-0 defeat by Australia of American Samoa in a World Cup qualifying match at Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia, on April 11, 2001, Archie Thompson scored an international record 13 goals. :D:D

Brasil Brasil pentacampeones!

Jamdiver:
Hehe, amateurs!
What's weird is that I'd enjoy a great game of football that ended in a 1-0 or 2-1 score, rather than that embarassment of a score!

Anyway the record for the most goals scored in a senior Men's International Football is During the 31-0 defeat by Australia of American Samoa in a World Cup qualifying match at Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia, on April 11, 2001, Archie Thompson scored an international record 13 goals. :D:D

Brasil Brasil pentacampeones!

and after all that they still didn't qualify for the world cup...that game was a farce

Yup, Australia are kinda the big boys of the Oceania federation.
Figuratively and literally speaking.
It's no challenge for them to crush the other teams in their fed.
The prob comes when they have to play the Asia team for the playoff spot to go to the world cup.

Jamdiver:
The prob comes when they have to play the Asia team for the playoff spot to go to the world cup.

FIFA is currently pondering the possibility of including Oceania as part of the Asian group for the next World Cup qualifying series prior to the 2010 World Cup. Personally, I think it's a sound idea.

Isn't a soccer game only 90 minutes long??

Good thing it wasn't that announcer that has become famous for his long yelling screams of "GOOOOALLLL"... A goal every minute and 48 seconds, would have just destoyed his voice for the party afterwards.

Jamdiver:

that's not a problem, it's only fair they have to play at least one match where they have to prove they are worthy to qualify, otherwise it's all pointless

jwvanno:
Isn't a soccer game only 90 minutes long??

Good thing it wasn't that announcer that has become famous for his long yelling screams of "GOOOOALLLL"... A goal every minute and 48 seconds, would have just destoyed his voice for the party afterwards.

Andres Cantor is the announcer that you're thinking of. I think he even took some opera lessons in order to preserve his voice and make 'Gooooooool' sound better hehe.

ScubaTexan:
FIFA is currently pondering the possibility of including Oceania as part of the Asian group for the next World Cup qualifying series prior to the 2010 World Cup. Personally, I think it's a sound idea.

Yeah, nothing like real competition to improve your game.
It's a shame that they haven't been to the world cup more often.
They have some pretty good players :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom