5 or 7 Foot Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 7 foot for everything. When not using a can light sometimes I hang a pocket on the belt and sometimes I don't do anything with it. When horizantal the hose lays where it should. If you go vertical the hose may want to float up. I just stay horizantal. I'm going to try a 5 ft hose toninght in the pool. I have also noticed that a 5 ft is too short for large people. A smaller diver not using a can light may want to shorten up the hose (for open water) if they don't want to hang something on the belt just to hold down the hose.

I'll eventually be getting into cave and wreck penetration so, I'll get the 7 foot hose. If there is any extra, I think I can just tuck it under my belt since I don't have a canister light yet.

How much should I expect to pay?

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

of that length..

Just ordered a 7'...can't wait to try out the long hose system.

Originally posted by ElectricZombie
Just ordered a 7'...can't wait to try out the long hose system.

Once you get used to the idea of wrapping it around your neck you'll like it :jester:

Tom

You wont be disapointed. I went straight with a 7 for singles and it is perfect as long as you have a canister light or pocket to run it under on your right hand side.

~Marlinspike

Good choice Johnatan,

I've been using a 7 foot hose for about 4 years now, at first it does take a little getting used to, as does any new piece of equipment, but after a few dives and a chance to figure out exactly how you like it rigged, you'll love it and find that it's just as easy to use as a standard length hose. The best part is the looks and questions you'll get from people on the boat that have never seen anyone diving a DIR configuration and wanting to know "What the @%*&( is up with that long hose?" Gives you the chance to tell them about the benifits of DIR. :D

Enjoy,

Scott

Padipro: Unfortunately, I'm not 100% DIR yet. :( I'm having to basically buy all new gear except for mask and regs. Unfortunately, I will have to buy it a piece at a time until everything is complete. The backplate, harness and STA is scheduled for next month, and I hope to buy some JetFins soon.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom