5 or 7 Foot Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectricZombie,
I am an OW diver and use the 5 footer. I have been very happy with it, and since I dive with no canister yet, nor cave or wreck (penetration dives) I opted for the 5 footer. I love it! Works great!

I find that using a 7' hose is the right length when I am diving with my backplate and a cannister light. If I use a jacket BC, I tuck the excess under the waist band to keep it from floating around.

robert

This might help get your gear a little faster. I have plans for a backplate as well.

Scott

Figured I post the plans for the backplate as well.

Hope this helps out.

Scott

Originally posted by SPEEDSTER

When you put it that way, it sounds kinda funny:D
:hanged:

It's not like that at all it goes around the back of your neck and into your mouth... nothing constricting at all. It doesn't wrap around your neck...

You're getting it confused with the NDS (noose diving system)... That used to be practiced in the old west... mostly by horsethieves and outlaws!!:D

DSAO!!

I just got my 7' hose from Wally's scuba in Mass. Only $22 plus shipping and it's very good quality, very flexible, so your mouth isn't tired...

It's not like that at all it goes around the back of your neck and into your mouth... nothing constricting at all. It doesn't wrap around your neck...

LOL, Yeah I know, I use a 7 footer. I just thought the way the sentence was posed was funny.:D

Mike

Padipro,
TOO funny! LOL!

""What the @%*&( is up with that long hose?"

Hahahahaha....your not kidding! All my friends (and even some Instructor's) have looked at me like I was some jerk and said "What the Hell is that feaking long hose you got on your regulator?"

I proceed to explain the merits of Holgarthian/DIR and they say to me "Well, I'm no cave, wreck or tech diver. Why the Hell would I want to add that unyieldly length hose?!"

Then I have to get into OOA Emergencies and etc. Opens up the whole can of worms about OOA's, and the Danglies!

Originally posted by Scuba446

Then I have to get into OOA Emergencies and etc. Opens up the whole can of worms about OOA's, and the Danglies! [/B]

The OOA emergency is exactly why I decided to switch to the long hose even thought I'm only a Rec diver. We have days with a 2 or 3 knot current here in South Florida and trying to do an accent sharing air from over 100 feet in that would be next to impossible with a short hose. I always ask them to remember the fun they had in their Openwater class doing the Alternate Airsource Accent and ask them "With all the trouble you had doing it in shallow water with no current how easy do you think it's going to be on a bad day with heavy current, a paniced diver and a short hose?" I usually get the Ya I guess you're right look as they walk off thinking it over. No one has ever told me I was nuts after I run that one by them.:wink:

Scott

Ya, Baby....

Got that right! Touche'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom