5 days in Cebu - Bohol, Mactan, or Moalboal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fully recommend Moalboal and the CDC. Advice though, email Cam there asap as they book up fast and tell him that Canada Luke recommended him hahaha. They have both PADI and SSI courses, not that it makes a difference except in how much they cost.

The diving there is great for beginners and novices. Loads of turtles everywhere, and the odd whaleshark (or Butanding in Bisaya) shows up along the wall there every so often if you're lucky. Try to get on to a trip to Pescador Island, the entry there is amazing.

If you want a good mid budget place to stay, I'd recommend Garden Village. It's about 2000/night for a nice small villa, the pool and restaurant is wicked. They might have group rooms available as well. And if that's out of budget, you can find lots of backpacker style accommodations for 500-1000/night around Moalboal/Panagsama Beach. Also, loads of things to do in the area. I'd recommend Osmena Peak, it's only about 1.5 hour scooter ride and 20 minute hike for one of the best views you'll ever see in Cebu.

Enjoy your stay there and have fun! It's one of my favourite places in the Philippines, and even though we are buying property in Mindinao, we are wanting to get something in Moalboal as well. PM me if you need any other information about that area

Hi all, a bunch of friends and I will have a few days off in March and we're flying in from Singapore. We plan to leave at night on the 11th, arriving at 2am on the 12th at Mactan international airport. We'll fly home on the 16th in the evening. Assuming we don't dive on the 12th and 16th, that leaves us 3 full days to dive.

We were considering Mactan or Bohol initially, but now research has led me to look into Moalboal. Would you guys here recommend it? We've mostly got about 30 dives each but 2 of our friends who've never dived plan to do their OW on this trip too.

Moalboal can be a 4 hour drive from the Airport. However the diving is good I have done around 850 dives there in the last 6 years all with Cebu Dive Center. If you want to dive with them email in advance as they can be a very busy center but take great care of everyone.

Fully recommend Moalboal and the CDC. Advice though, email Cam there asap as they book up fast and tell him that Canada Luke recommended him hahaha. They have both PADI and SSI courses, not that it makes a difference except in how much they cost.

The diving there is great for beginners and novices. Loads of turtles everywhere, and the odd whaleshark (or Butanding in Bisaya) shows up along the wall there every so often if you're lucky. Try to get on to a trip to Pescador Island, the entry there is amazing.

If you want a good mid budget place to stay, I'd recommend Garden Village. It's about 2000/night for a nice small villa, the pool and restaurant is wicked. They might have group rooms available as well. And if that's out of budget, you can find lots of backpacker style accommodations for 500-1000/night around Moalboal/Panagsama Beach. Also, loads of things to do in the area. I'd recommend Osmena Peak, it's only about 1.5 hour scooter ride and 20 minute hike for one of the best views you'll ever see in Cebu.

Enjoy your stay there and have fun! It's one of my favourite places in the Philippines, and even though we are buying property in Mindinao, we are wanting to get something in Moalboal as well. PM me if you need any other information about that area

Moalboal can be a 4 hour drive from the Airport. However the diving is good I have done around 850 dives there in the last 6 years all with Cebu Dive Center. If you want to dive with them email in advance as they can be a very busy center but take great care of everyone.

Thanks so much for your advice guys! I've emailed Cameron at CDC and we're all set to go! Staying nearby at Chief Mau Moalboal Cebu as the place he recommended (Roo guesthouse) didn't have rooms left for our dates. Really looking forward to my short trip!

We've got 4 full days there, then on the 5th day we'll have to get to mactan airport by 3.45pm for our flight at 5.45pm.

We're planning to do 3 full days of diving including some night dives, then on the 4th day go to Kawasan falls and Osmena Peak on the 4th day. Does that sound feasible to you guys? Any input is appreciated!

Yep-Moalboal. The sardines will blow your mind. Pescador Island is great diving, along with the wall dives running south from the dive shops ,There is a nice beach, White beach. Check out Cebu Dive Center-20 dollars a dive, nice rooms on site, also a bar on the water, very friendly staff. Tell Cameron I sent you. He will hook you up with all the best places to eat, drink, etc. It is also an easy 2 hour trip from Cebu.

The only issue at present of getting in/out of Philippines is Duterte. He has already banning any nationals arriving from china, Hong Kong and Macau until further notice. And Singapore could well be next as it has fair number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus!

Good luck.

The only issue at present of getting in/out of Philippines is Duterte. He has already banning any nationals arriving from china, Hong Kong and Macau until further notice. And Singapore could well be next as it has fair number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus!

Good luck.

Yeah, I hope we don't get banned from visiting too! Singapore's been kinda keeping the situation under control so I hope it'll be ok, though things can change in days.

Yep-Moalboal. The sardines will blow your mind. Pescador Island is great diving, along with the wall dives running south from the dive shops ,There is a nice beach, White beach. Check out Cebu Dive Center-20 dollars a dive, nice rooms on site, also a bar on the water, very friendly staff. Tell Cameron I sent you. He will hook you up with all the best places to eat, drink, etc. It is also an easy 2 hour trip from Cebu.

Yup I've booked all our dives and one of my friends doing his OW with Cebu Dive Center! Really looking forward to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom