5-3 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
One of the reasons I enjoy your pictures so much is that they show me what I can look for in Maui that I haven't seen yet . . . Like that wonderfully colorful lobster.

That lobster pic was taken using only the cameras internal strobe because the critter was down in the coral where the external strobe could not go. This is the reason I altered my Inon strobe setup from its original design which has a strip of dark film over the cameras strobe that prevents you from using it other than to activate the Inon slave strobe. I leave the film strip off so I can use both strobes as needed. Of course the internal strobe is always in the photo but I can turn it down to minimum power or cover it with a piece of plastic material (link) I carry with me.

Keep this in mind if you are using the Inon system and find interesting critters hiding in the coral when you come to Maui, or anyplace else. I had only one shot of that lobster before it took off out of view.

Spectacular!

Back
Top Bottom