(5/01/05) Diver missing in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's always a sad thing to see a diver lost. My prayers go out to his family and friends. Most of the wreck dives in and around Key Largo are not for the newly certified diver unless she/he is with an instructor. Those dives can be very difficult due to currents and other situations. Having said that, I have enjoyed diving all of the wrecks in that area at least once.

I feel for the family. That is to bad. I know what that is like to lose someone you love.
My thought's are with them at this time.

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

My thoughts and prayers go to the divers family.
Alot of speculation has arose in this event, all I can say is this. We may never know what actually happened to this diver, Past events to a dive operation shouldn't be considered unless it was a repeat event, in which case we won't really know but it does appear that from what I have read so far is they did recover the diver back onboard the same boat. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think everyone should learn from this and take it to heart that diving is a risky recreation, we knew if from the first day we signed up for the course, we know the associated risk to some of the dives. I would never put myself in a dive that I did not feel 100% ready for.

I have seen new divers with less time than myself with very little to no ability to control themselves under water, I have seen some fight with there BC from the moment we have decended to the time we surface. And they are lucky that the had a buddy to watch over them as they learn. I know my diving experience lacks compared to some of you, but I have spent most of my life in these waters from one aspect to another, the currents in the Keys can be awsome and then at times they are not, I would just like to make my thoughts known.

Again my prayers to the mans family and to those who have lost someone in a similar manner.

Still awaiting the latest news....

Hey Stormy - this really happened? I didn't see it on the Monroe County Sheriff's service log.

Yeah Tom, it really did happen. My very good friend (also my Instructor) was there. I've gotten some phone calls today with more information but I would much rather the source make the post instead. I'm afraid of losing information if to many hands try to deal out the cards.

I was out today, and there was a buzz all over the Marina with different rumors and such. I urge everyone to only state the facts. This story will be at your disposal soon.

You'll find a brief item here. Sorry if someone already posted this link. You have to register but it's free. Not many details, hope we learn sonething from this tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to the diver's family.

http://keysnews.com/295415040322655.bsp.htm

BaitedStorm -- thanks for your earlier post, information on the other incidents. I'm trying to learn what goes wrong. (Where I am we lost a diver last July, wreck that I visited this past weekend. I've been sure to talk to local folks about what/how that occured, too.)

Your very welcome Mark. It's so important to me for the fact to be out there instead of rumors. I had to turn my cell phone off today because all the phone calls. I've heard so many rumors since this morning that it's just pure crazy. All kinds of different stuff being said, it kinda makes you wonder where people get this stuff from. With our SB communtiy, I feel strongly that we will be able to keep the facts straight for others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom