4th of july Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mangler

Registered
Reaction score
So just letting everyone know that there are openings left for the annual point lobos trip on forth of july that the Beachhopper 2 puts on ever year,4 more info check there website Beachhopper II

Hmmm, I just see a blank description on their page. Do you have a more detailed description?

$125.00 includes the reservation fee,unlimited dives off the boat or from shore if you choose,food between your dives,snacks,water,lunch and they will have some kind of dessert like cookies,dive bar,brownies or all three.You are responsible for parking which is $10.00 and I recommend getting there early park opens at 8:00 so I normanly show up around 7:30ish,you are also responsable for providing your own tanks or tanks are availabe to rent $10.00 for air $15.00 for nitrox. If you need to rent tanks they will need to know in advance and how many you may need. In order to get to and from the boat you will need to swim from the launch ramp in your gear. The boat will pick up divers in whalers cove and take you to one of the dive sites.The crew on the boat and shore work very hard to put this together every year and it's a lot of fun ($)tips for both crews are much appriciated, last year was my first year being apart of it and it will not be my last. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if you need anymore help.

That sounds awesome! Ok, I'm in :) I'll book it when I get back to a real computer this weekend.

Just curious how this fits into the Point Lobos reservations system:

SCUBA and Free diving reservations can be made as much as two months in advance to the date.

Also, the Beachhopper page says the diving is "in Reserve". Does this mean the boat will be diving sites in the red (research permit required) zone?

All the best, James

Just signed up. Looks like a fun time!

Just checked the BH. They say there are still 23 spots available. Huh?
Does this mean they ferry divers to/from the cove so one group comes in from a dive and immediately they take out a second group .. and keep cycling like that? I've only been on the BH once, but I think their max is 10 divers. Don't know how many are already signed up (at least two from this posting).

Too early for me to know what the Social Secretary wants me to do July 4, but seems interesting.

Alan

Just curious how this fits into the Point Lobos reservations system:

Also, the Beachhopper page says the diving is "in Reserve". Does this mean the boat will be diving sites in the red (research permit required) zone?

All the best, James

I'm also kinda concerned by that. If they are really allowing 25 divers then that is 80% of the reservation spots. I'm not a big fan of any group shutting down access to everyone else.

To openhelix it's great to hear it.

To fdog they make the reservation for you 60 days in advance and they only go in the designated diving areas..

To ad6e yes your are correct they can only carry 10 passengers at one time so they do a shuttle type system the boat crew works very hard all day bringing divers from the cove to the dive sites. The last time I checked with them they had 5 total so far so 20 spots available. Once the 25 spots are full they are full unless someone cancels then someone would contact the next person in line with reservations to say there is a spot available if they still wanted to go. So reserve as soon as possible "first come first serve as they say". Anymore questions anyone can call Pacific Coast Scuba at (408) 463-0585 monday,wednesday,thursday and friday 12pm-7:30pm and saturday 12pm-5pm they are closed sunday and tuesday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom