4th Gen S600 Service Manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While the S600 is slightly more complicated than a G250, it's still a fairly straightforward reg to service. Even more so with the later versions of it that can easily be tuned with a pair of screwdrivers. Find the step by step repair manual for the S600 that's floating around the web and you'll be fine.

I am more familiar with Mares than Scubapro so I am not sure what the differences are between the different generations of S600 2nd stages, but here are some files that you may find useful (see attached).

-Z

Attachments

• S600-S550 Repair guide.pdf
    941.2 KB · Views: 95
  • S600 Maintenace Procedure.pdf
    537.4 KB · Views: 181
  • S600-S550 Trouble shooting guide.pdf
    391.1 KB · Views: 135
Thanks guys much appreciated!

I have all those docs...the 4th gen has a different barrel and knob assembly than the Gen 1/2s, which is why I was hoping to get the specifics.

Yes, I can probably wing it....would just prefer to have the official info if available. Considering the 4th gen has been out for ~8yrs...this cannot be that locked away, no?

:D

The barrel and knob assembly are barely different on the 4th gen as compared to the 2nd. Without looking the part numbers up I'd say the internal adjustment pieces are probably the same parts. You'll be fine using the exact same methods you would for the 2nd gen. It's the 1st gen that's the anomaly.

It is not just the internal adjustment pieces...there are other parts that are different...and additional sleeve on the 4th Gen that is not on the 1st or 2nd Gens. Thanks, I appreciate the "You'll be fine", really, it is a great vote of confidence!

However, if this forum has anyone that can provide the 4th Gen service manual or a link to it, that would be super sweet. I also am hoping that the 4th Gen has a bit different wording on how to tune the internal adjustment screw vs the orifice.

Just me, just love documentation :D

To be sure, here is the upgrade schematic:
scubapro-metal-barrrel-kit-3-jpg.573294

#4 in that pic is a part that is not on the Gen 1 or Gen 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom