4th Gen S600 Service Manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

Anyone have a copy of the Scubapro service manual for the 4th gen S600, please? I checked out Frogkick and VDH...no luck :(

PMing me is fine, too :)

Thanks in advance!!

Greetings,

Anyone have a copy of the Scubapro service manual for the 4th gen S600, please? I checked out Frogkick and VDH...no luck :(

PMing me is fine, too :)

Thanks in advance!!
I don’t think you’ll find any secrets in the manual, if you can service a G250 and tune an earlier s600 you have all the needed skills.

I don’t think you’ll find any secrets in the manual, if you can service a G250 and tune an earlier s600 you have all the needed skills.

Yes, you are probably correct...I'm just a bit nervous and excited to build these custom regs :)

As the knob assemblies are a bit different between Gen 1, 2, and 4...and these are Gen 1/2 cases with 4th gen air barrels and both will have 2nd Gen knobs...I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything :)

Yes, you are probably correct...I'm just a bit nervous and excited to build these custom regs :)

As the knob assemblies are a bit different between Gen 1, 2, and 4...and these are Gen 1/2 cases with 4th gen air barrels and both will have 2nd Gen knobs...I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything :)
There isn’t really much difference, the two piece air barrel on the older ones being the bigges difference, just be careful with the plastic clip when you remove it, I’m still hunting for the one that took flight a few months ago.

That is good to know...is the knob assembly the same? The Gen 2 ones had a red retaining clip...but the newer ones have a black one and looks like it might be a slightly different shape.

The air barrels themselves are a different shape, too...the older ones have a retaining tab...
2006-metal-barrel.PNG
the new ones have a retaining "rib" it appears...
2014-metal-barrel.PNG

This pic from @Mr. Sunday is very helpful, too, for when it comes to assembly if I cannot find a newer assembly doc:
FC72CEEC-47D4-480F-AF0C-C794A1FC1558.jpeg

That is good to know...is the knob assembly the same? The Gen 2 ones had a red retaining clip...but the newer ones have a black one and looks like it might be a slightly different shape.

The air barrels themselves are a different shape, too...the older ones have a retaining tab...
View attachment 575123
the new ones have a retaining "rib" it appears...
View attachment 575124

This pic from @Mr. Sunday is very helpful, too, for when it comes to assembly if I cannot find a newer assembly doc:
View attachment 575125
The difference between a one piece barrel and a two piece. I like the weight of the plastic two piece barrel and with the low cost of the kit, I just convert s555’s to early s600’s, great performance and very light.

Hmmm...you need any plastic barrels? I will have QTY 1 Gen 1 barrel and QTY 2 Gen 2 barrels :) But only one Gen 1 knob assembly .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom