47 Meters Down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Whatever you do, if you have Hulu or Netflix, don't watch this movie. I know almost all movies invoke some suspension of disbelief but the best movies are at least in the universe of reality. Here's the snapshot, girl who never took a scuba class in her life is at 47 Meters depth. She looks at her pressure gauge and has 5 bar of gas left. She spends 20 minutes in a panic fleeing a great white shark lmao. I'm sure there are folks here that could do a more accurate calculation than me but I'm assuming that 5 bar would be gone in 30 seconds. Had to turn it off.

Whatever you do, if you have Hulu or Netflix, don't watch this movie. I know almost all movies invoke some suspension of disbelief but the best movies are at least in the universe of reality. Here's the snapshot, girl who never took a scuba class in her life is at 47 Meters depth. She looks at her pressure gauge and has 5 bar of gas left. She spends 20 minutes in a panic fleeing a great white shark lmao. I'm sure there are folks here that could do a more accurate calculation than me but I'm assuming that 5 bar would be gone in 30 seconds. Had to turn it off.
Then you definitely would not find "Sharknado" entertaining

Yeah, I watched that a while ago. I knew going into it that it was going to be far fetched just based on the title and description. If accurate, it would have been a really short movie. 30 seconds may be generous. If I recall correctly, it was supposed to be a cage dive near the surface, so most likely an AL80 or similar.

You think that's bad, don't watch the sequel, they are cave diving with no fins at all.

I read a book a year or so ago about a bunch of divers discovering a new wreck. They had "bailout bottles" which would take you quickly to the surface from depth if you run out of air.

You're not watching documentaries, it's just a typical horror film. Same thing can be said about anything involving the military, law enforcement, or any movie using firearms. It's all made up for theatrical affect and much of what you see is not grounded in reality. The problem is folks that have no experience with any of these topics won't know the difference, so they are more likely to go along with it.

5x11/40 mins

SPGs aren’t accurate at that range though 😂

She spends 20 minutes in a panic fleeing a great white shark lmao. I'm sure there are folks here that could do a more accurate calculation than me but I'm assuming that 5 bar would be gone in 30 seconds. Had to turn it off.
20 minutes???!!! Is that all it was? It felt like hours!

You think that's bad, don't watch the sequel, they are cave diving with no fins at all.

I read a book a year or so ago about a bunch of divers discovering a new wreck. They had "bailout bottles" which would take you quickly to the surface from depth if you run out of air.
don't forget the blind cave sharks. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom