4 miles of Laguna Beach CLOSED due to sewage spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Bad water quality news this morning in Laguna Beach. A sewage spill has closed 4 miles of Laguna beaches (as of right now) and even some streets. The current beach closure is from Crescent all the way down to Camel Point - which I think is around Victoria in South Laguna.

This article in the OC Register explains a lot of details

The constant stream of waste spewed out onto Glenneyre Street, created a putrid smell similar to rotten eggs hanging in the air directly near the broken pipe and several streets over.

Nasty...

Ewwww, no beach diving for a few days.

I just have a vision in my head of a horrible boss yelling at his employee making him dive in the sewage so he can come back and report the vis! :rofl3:

All the more reason to come dive Catalina! 50-60 ft vis and no sewage as long as you're outside of Avalon Bay (and there it is just a little seepage, no ocean dumps).

LOL greaaattt!

Well I WAS thinking about diving Laguna this weekend. I know I dive lot in "crappy" conditions but thats a little much for me :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank-God this happened after my dive yesterday evening. One thing I do not want to see on a dive is the not-so-elusive "Broen Trout", but this is going to be a disaster for Pasley!

Ick, I read about this....that's absolutely horrible. I really hope they can figure out the underlying cause and prevent it from happening ever again.

I checked LSS's current conditions and they now have it shown that the beaches are closed due to sewage spill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom