4 kids+3 1/2 weeks+CCD=

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicvanzee

Reaction score
FUN. I had the pleasure of bringing my wife and 4 kids(the oldest being 4 1/2) to Roatan for 3 1/2 weeks over Christmas and new years and we had a blast. We stayed in West end and dove with Coconut Tree divers. We have been several times before but it never dissapoints.

I am always reminded why CCD is our favorite dive shop when we get back down there. They are so friendly and professional but they really know how to have fun. We have nothing but great things to say about them. We are always treated like family.

Good Things: Diving in Paradise. Getting to dive the south side because of the bad weather. It is always fun to see new dive sites. We had several awesome dives on both sides. We flew continental from New Orleans to Houston to Roatan and our connections were great. The kids loved the beach and looking at the pics I took every dive. The dive shop family was great because it is always nice to feel welcome.

Bad things: The weather was pretty bad. We had alot of rain and wind and cool weather(relatively speaking). We also found that the "proper" restaurants in West End were overpriced. The prices seem to have gone up quite a bit and they add the 12% tax and 10% service charge on top of that. We found that the baleada stands and the like were a much better option than spending $60 to $80 for the family for small portions and average food. Eating in was easy with the local grocery stores and vegetable trucks. We also had a few of the restaurants try to overcharge which I haven't had before. I guess i looked like a sucker with my family there.

Overall we had a wonderful time and would go back in a heartbeat. I am already planning my next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom