4 GPOs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Adam I would be glad to show you sometime... give me a PM when you are going to be down this way.

The directions you were given are correct. Straight out from the bathrooms in about ~40' of water at mid-range tide you will find the top of the little wall. This is where most of the GPO are. Follow the small wall Sound and when it ends head West and at about ~60' you will find the top of the longer wall. A short length of this wall lies to your right (North) and most of it lies to your left (South.) The wall itself is not very impressive as it is only 10'~15' high, made of clay and pock marked with piddock clam holes. The holes are filled with creatures. You might even see a juvenile Wolf Eel. Sun Stars are crawling all over the wall trying to catch and eat the occupants of the condos.

UP,

Day Island has been one of my recent projects. I've managed to see it all over several successive dives. It's not as big as Dalco, but there's lots more wolfies and GPO hiding out here.

Stay near the top of the wall for wolfies, they're nesting here in large numbers, within 3-4 feet of the top of the lip, with a few medium large GPO's thrown in as a bonus. If you can find it, there's a very large cave around 75-80 feet, and if you swim into it, it narrows to a hole about 2 feet round that heads further back. Last time I checked, there was the absolute biggest GPO I've ever laid eyes on. If I ever saw this guy in the open, I'd definately be keeping my distance, but it's worth looking for his hole to see if he's still around.

Good luck.

Coo's Toe:
it's worth looking for his hole to see if he's still around.
A couple of the guys who were diving along the bottom of the wall saw it.

We spent both dives toward the top of the wall in Wolfie territory. Scads of them. Plenty of GPOs too.

Photos by buddy ScubaBob:

Uncle Pug:
A couple of the guys who were diving along the bottom of the wall saw it.

We spent both dives toward the top of the wall in Wolfie territory. Scads of them. Plenty of GPOs too.

Photos by buddy ScubaBob:

Sweeeeet! I'll be paying him a visit soon myself.

Pug, we should hook up for a dive or two sometime soon. I'm surprised that we never have, considering we seem to haunt the same boards, and probably share a few mutual friends/buddies/acquaintences. PM me if you're interested in diving sometime.

Fun fun fun at the wall!! I was WAY out classed, diving with UP, Shane, ScubaBob, Kalvyn, Chris, NWGratefulDiver... Saw more wolf eels then ever!
BTW, UP, what was it the waitress said you were eating at the Pine Cone?

So I asked the dear old grandma waitress what SOS was, just to see what she would say.

"S**t On a Shingle" sez she.

"Yum, sounds good..." sez I, "...and put a cackleberry on top of it."

Another pic from ScubaBob (my title would be, Waiting for Slack).

My wife was just asking me the other day, Where do we have to go to see giant octopi? (She actually said octopusses.)

I told her, Seattle (airport).

She then asked me, what is it like diving there?

I told here, well they have currents like down in Mexico, but the water is cold as hell.

That did not scare her. So maybe we will fly in sometime and rent your services, Uncle Pug.

Be warned, nothing scares her, not a giant octopus nor water that is cold as hell!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom