4/9 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giligan:

The mrs. and I are scheduled to take a quick trip to Maui this thursday thru next Monday and we've all but decided to cancel looking at the forecast and from hearing stories about the runoff making a lot of the land based diving worthless from poor viz. We have two days of diving scheduled at molikini as well. Your photos look fantastic with no backscatter whatsoever so is the weather forecast just wrong as well as the reports that we are getting back from others?

Viz is fine for shore diving on Maui - probably not so much for Oahu or Kauai. Molokini hasn't missed a beat. I would advise that you NOT cancel. But keep in mind there's always the possibility of change (my disclaimer:wink: )

I have the next 3 days (mon, tues, wed) scheduled for photo workshops - 2 days from shore and one day on a boat - and I'm not worried a bit about the vis.

Oh and I was hearing whales pretty loud????

BTW, this is the shot I was taking when Gilligan shot me:

126171399_cb87e6d11e_o.jpg

lee3:
Giligan:

The mrs. and I are scheduled to take a quick trip to Maui this thursday thru next Monday and we've all but decided to cancel looking at the forecast and from hearing stories about the runoff making a lot of the land based diving worthless from poor viz. We have two days of diving scheduled at molikini as well. Your photos look fantastic with no backscatter whatsoever so is the weather forecast just wrong as well as the reports that we are getting back from others?

I'll second Tortuga's post.

The vis was excellent today (4/10).

Thanks guys, so you're telling me these stories of nonstop rains are false and that it has been occasional at best?

lee3:
Thanks guys, so you're telling me these stories of nonstop rains are false and that it has been occasional at best?

The rains were pretty much non-stop on Oahu and Kauai.
We had it here on Maui also but nothing like they did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom