3d Printing a sheath for my trauma shears.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tweaked a design to make a hard, adjustable goodman handle for a dgx600 link

I have ~100 dives on it, it works great. I think it is 80% fill ABS, but don't remember since I had a friend print it.

I want to design a quick disconnect for a light. That way I can take it off of my hand and put it on my helmet and so on.

Is there a way to scan a solid object into a file?

3D scanners are available but quite pricey.

You can use an xbox kinect camera connected to a pc.

I bet you could do a much better scan with a pair of gopros and the 3d housing. Might be a little tricky to get something like skanect working with gopro cameras.

You can use an xbox kinect camera connected to a pc.

I bet you could do a much better scan with a pair of gopros and the 3d housing. Might be a little tricky to get something like skanect working with gopro cameras.
Cool! I know Chris. He's the president of Gainesville Hacker Space.

Esun filaments are great. I use their pla+ all the time.

I'll look into their PLA+ too then. I use Hatchbox PLA which is ok, but not awesome.

I tweaked a design to make a hard, adjustable goodman handle for a dgx600 I have ~100 dives on it, it works great. I think it is 80% fill ABS, but don't remember since I had a friend print it.

Nice! Good job on that.

I want to design a quick disconnect for a light. That way I can take it off of my hand and put it on my helmet and so on.

Have you thought of modifying a GoPro base and clip as Quick Disconnect and design around it? It's a fairly proven design and would make it interchangeable with action cameras.

You can use an xbox kinect camera connected to a pc....I bet you could do a much better scan with a pair of gopros and the 3d housing. Might be a little tricky to get something like skanect working with gopro cameras.

Oh nice! There goes another rabbit hole for me :)

Pat

Have you thought of modifying a GoPro base and clip as Quick Disconnect and design around it? It's a fairly proven design and would make it interchangeable with action cameras.
Actually, I like the idea of doing that in reverse! Changing my GoPro mounts to a true QD is an awesome idea. When I need to reposition a light in a cave, I need it to be so easy that it takes no kerfuffling to accomplish without ever looking at them. GoPro mounts take much more effort to both remove and replace.

Actually, I like the idea of doing that in reverse! ... GoPro mounts take much more effort to both remove and replace.

That makes a lot of sense! I would not want to have to fiddle with a gopro mount under water, much less with gloves on in an unforgiving environment.

It would probably be some sort of fairly bulky (easy to grip) quarter turn quick disconnect or something like that. No small parts, no fiddly knobs or things to press. An interesting design challenge for sure.

Pat

I love my 3d printer and use it for prototyping.

It drives the better half crazy, but that works well because maybe it'll get me my own workshop instead of printing in the dining room. Lol

I second using petg. My experience is I used the esun settings and only had to tweak retraction and lower the temp a little bit because of stringing. Otherwise I found it nearly as easy as pla to print....

I use a large amazon box as an enclosure/cat deterant so it helps retain some of the warmth and prevent warping etc. It slows the cooling just enough...

It looks janky but it works. :-D

What machines y'all got? :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom