$349 - California Liveaboard (2 Nights)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I signed up and am ready for the trip. There is a chance I will not be able to make it to the meet and greet and may need to car pool. We will see as it gets closer next week.

Any chance we can get a list or personal post from each scubaboard member going on this trip who are looking to carpool. This might help to start coordinating transportation for the trip over.

I am going, and as of now, planning on taking my crewcab truck. I can take 3 passengers comfortably plus lots of gear. Currently, I believe I have two others traveling with me so I may have room for one more. I live on west side, however. Please let me know if there is anyone needing a ride.

Thanks,

michael

Any chance we can get a list or personal post from each scubaboard member going on this trip who are looking to carpool. This might help to start coordinating transportation for the trip over.

I am going, and as of now, planning on taking my crewcab truck. I can take 3 passengers comfortably plus lots of gear. Currently, I believe I have two others traveling with me so I may have room for one more. I live on west side, however. Please let me know if there is anyone needing a ride.

Thanks,

michael
Mike:

In response to your request for a show of hands, I am going and will be at the Meet & Greet on the 15th.

Regards, Bill

6 spots left.

Show up to the meet and greet on the 15th if interested in carpooling.

jcf

We will have directions, itinerary and other information at the Meet and Greet. If you need me to email it to you (because you are not going to be there), please let me know.

Still a few spots left. Stop waiting, start diving!!!

/////

We will have directions, itinerary and other information at the Meet and Greet. If you need me to email it to you (because you are not going to be there), please let me know.

Still a few spots left. Stop waiting, start diving!!!

/////

I was at the meet and greet tonight but must have missed you. I need a copy of the itenerary and directions. I've never been on a live-aboard so I have a bunch of questions...

When is the "drop dead" time that the boat leaves? What would be the earliest we should show up? How much time should we allow to get there?
How many tanks should I bring? I heard that they would have steels available. Is that correct? Enough for all the divers?
Do I need to bring weights?
I heard that I should bring a sleeping bag and pillow. Is this correct?
Will there be fill whips at each seat station or will there just be a couple of compresser stations?
What would be an appropriate tip for the crew? I heard about 15% of the cost of the trip. Is that about right?
I don't have a "boat coat" but have plenty of sweatshirts and jackets so I'm hoping that will be warm enough.
I heard that we should bring our C-cards and log books. Is this correct?
Do you have any pictures of the inside of the boat?
How much is a license or tag to be able to take lobsters?
Do they have a live well or do I have to have a cooler for the lobsters?
Are there any other fees we will need to cover? Dive permits or anything?
Where will we be diving?

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I can come up with more if I thought about it.

Steve.

When is the "drop dead" time that the boat leaves?
Must be on the boat no later than 12 Midnight. Setup and ready to go. Boat will leave between 12 midnight and 3AM. If you show up later than that, you risk ... "missing the boat"

What would be the earliest we should show up?
5PM

How much time should we allow to get there?
6 to 7 hours-ish ... Depending on when you leave and hit LA.

How many tanks should I bring?
If you are just diving singles, he's got them there on the boat to use.

I heard that they would have steels available. Is that correct?
All his tanks are steel. If there is an aluminum, it is a mistake.

Enough for all the divers?
yes

Do I need to bring weights?
If you have a specific weight configuration you prefer, bring weights. However, there are plenty of 3,4 and 5lb weights on the boat.

I heard that I should bring a sleeping bag and pillow. Is this correct?
I do. I would recommend it.

Will there be fill whips at each seat station or will there just be a couple of compresser stations?
The crew fills up the tanks for you. It is generally quick.

What would be an appropriate tip for the crew? I heard about 15% of the cost of the trip. Is that about right?
15% is a darn good tip. $10 a day per diver, is a good tip. I usually tip $30 ...

I don't have a "boat coat" but have plenty of sweatshirts and jackets so I'm hoping that will be warm enough.
Assume it will be cold. I recommend something that is waterproof, wind proof and insulated.

I heard that we should bring our C-cards and log books. Is this correct?
Yes.

Do you have any pictures of the inside of the boat?
No, but Divelizard (Troy) here on the board might. PM him.

How much is a license or tag to be able to take lobsters?
$20 to 25 - off the top of my head.

Do they have a live well or do I have to have a cooler for the lobsters?
Bring two catch bags. One to use. One to lay over the side with your catch.

Are there any other fees we will need to cover? Dive permits or anything?
Where will we be diving?

Nitrox. I believe George sells a card. Something like 10 fills for $40

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I can come up with more if I thought about it.

Sick as a dog .... Trying to rest up so I am ready for the trip. Sorry I missed everyone last night.

Will send email with directions. I am planning on leaving around noon. I'll set a meeting place on the west side of town (off I-10) if people want to caravan.

jcf

Thanks John for the info. Hope you are feeling better soon. Let us kow where you want to meet and what time.

Steve.

Still spots left? I think I may sign up... (I always do it at the last possible time !!! :)

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom