3442 psi Worthington Steel 100's convertable valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like others, used and within 9 months of hydro, they are not the best deal. Tell the shop you will take two if they hydro/VIP/O2 clean the cylinders first.

I am always leary of a pair of used steel cylinders, identical in size and the same age. Especially when they're coming up on their (usually first) hydro.

Another clue is that the valves look like they're brand new.

All the best, James

...in case you're not reading between the lines, James is warning you that the type of tank 'sale' you're possibly profiling here has some major 'red-flags' here......severely overfilled 'cave-country' tanks are sometime rode hard and put away wet....and the owner is ditching them shortly before their first scheduled hydro because there's a good chance the tanks won't pass due to constant substantial overfills having fatigued the metal....just be careful !

Thank you all for your input. I got the tanks fro $450.00. These are from a Local Dive shop in MN. Not cave diver tanks or from cave diving area. They looked BN. The shop owner is moving toward steel tanks ONLY and he said he will have more for sale in the future. He does not want to deal with Hydros which seems like a common shop practice here in our area. Usually shops are selling AL80 with a less to go on Hydros. My buddy just picke up another AL80 like this from another shop with a hydro due this April.
He took me in the back and he only had a couple of AL80s had about 30-40 steel tanks HP100 and HP80. Maybe a good place to aquire used steel tanks for the future. He likes them because they are a lot more compact and better all around tank.
I bet he likes them becuase they seem to have a good resale value vs the quite common AL80s.
Once again thanks all can not wait to dive them. They appered to be in BN condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom