$3000 for a dry suit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've owned a Brooks Seal 7mm, good recreation suit. I have a Bare CD4 and it too is also a great recreation suit but... for technical diving I found that these neoprene suits were just too restricting. This is why I went to a DUI 450 Signature series. I cost a bit but everyone I’ve talked to that owns a DUI is more then happy that they went to it. I tried the CF200 and neoprene is just too heavy and bulky. Like a couple of folks have said, you pay a little more but… you pay for quality.

BTW.. try Dan at www.divetech.ca. He’ll set you up at a reasonable price.

SB

I Have a CF200 signiture series. I am a tall guy so i needed a custom suit regardless so this made the price point a little more reasonable. I love the suit, it fits great, is very rugged and made with high quality (I.M.H.O) A consideration you need is how much diving you do, I do 100+ dives a year and alot are around Ontario in Dry suits so I wanted a rugged suit. Costs alot granted but I feel worth every penny!!:) :)

I own a CF200x XLS and do a lot of work in it; everything from dock repair, to moorings, to sno-mo recovery. Some days I'm in the suit for 5-6 hours...the suit, to say the least, is comfortable, and quite rugged. Temp wise, just dress accordingly underneath.

My opinion they are worth the $...if you hunt around you can probably find a bargain. I paid $1,500 for mine.

I will be diving my brand new clx450 SS this weekend. I think the suits are expensive but it is well made.

There are so many good suits out there for under a $1000 if you dont want to pay for the DUI i am sure you would be happy with another brand spending 1500 + less.

If the shops charging you 3000k for the DUI i dont think your getting any break from them what so ever. Shop around i bet you can shave off hundreds from that 3k.

Andy

that shops adding a 100% + mark up fee.

that tls 350 for 1000 USD sounds pretty good to me

Check the latest Immersed issue. There's a whole article on the process of creating the crushed neoprene suits... Quite interesting !

Having owned/dove virtually every drysuit on the market I discovered DUI suits several years ago. I started looking through Immersed, Cave books, Technical diving publications and all the dive training materials and one common theme seemed to occur. Every suit pictured by a diver happend to have a diver in a DUI drysuit. I spoke with DUI and many individuals who had DUI's and the final decision to go DUI was I saw a suit that was almost 20 years old come in for a repair (neckseal). The repair guy at the diveshop usually has one typical comment with every suit that arrives after a leak test. "Suits okay except for some seam leaks". For the first time ever Gary didn't mention this suit had seam leaks. Having owned some of the biggest rivalries to DUI I decided to try one out.

My first dive on the CF200 decided it as Faith from DUI had come down with a Sample for me to try. I ordered a new Signature Series package and haven't had any problems since I got a DUI.

I would rather sell a customer a CNSE suit which has the same quality and workmanship as their high end suits vs a top line drysuit from any other supplier. You have the peice of mind with a DUI.

The suits could cost $3000US and I'd still pay it just because they're the best suits available. Period.

7 Year warranty vs 6months to 1 year from anyone else.

Dan's Dive Shop in St. Catharines has them in rental. Test dive one, you'll be happy you did.

One problem I can see with DUI suits has to do with one particular Southern Ontario retailer who thinks it's a good idea to go calling other DUI dealers to complain they aren't charging full retail price. I'm not sure where the idea for that comes from, but it sure had a scent of price fixing to it (and yes, that's illegal here, too).
It was pretty appauling to hear that someone would do that. If they're not interested in being competitive in their chosen industry they can't be too surprised if people take their $ elsewhere.

I just ordered a CLX450 last week. I believe that the total cost was around $2400. That was for a stock size (plus XXL mark up), undergarments, two pockets, a hood, and kevlar knee pads. I could be off by a hundred or so either way, cant find the bill right now. Three grand sounds a little steep, even for a DUI. My dealer is giving me a discount, plus the drysuit course is included in the price.

that xtra $600 is for the 24K gold name tag. :)

Andy

you will love that suit i just got mine the end of jan and i havent taken it off yet :)

Back
Top Bottom