$3000 for a dry suit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seahunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Does anyone have any experience or comments on DUI drysuits?

They claim to be the best suit available but are priced between $1800 and $3500. You can get a decent dry suit for well under $1000 at any LDS.

DUI makes a great suit, two of my dive buddies have DUI suits and for the most part are happy with them. I have a custom White's dry suit which works great for me. I know my buddy paid at least $600.00 more for his DUI, personally, I don't see added benefit. With the money I saved I was able to purchase additional dive gear he still has to rent. Whatever the case I can't knock a DUI dry suit, I think there's other good quality suits available that are less expensive and perform just as well.

DUI makes very good quality suits, they are also very expensive. There are a number of more cost effective suits available IMO.

MD

DUI makes a very good suit. That being said, DUI requires its US dealers to maintain a very high markup on their suits. You should be able to find a DUI at some of the European dealers for a great deal less than the full retail, as those sorts of agreements are called price fixing & are illegal over there.

Bob3 once bubbled...
You should be able to find a DUI at some of the European dealers for a great deal less than the full retail...

Try Aquarius Diving. Their prices include 17.5% VAT, so be sure to subtract that amount from the price. You can probably get a TLS350 for around USD1000 plus shipping. No affiliation with them, just found them a little while ago and bookmarked them.

I have a DUI TLS350 Signature Edition.. HAd to get one custom cut because I am a little out of shape.. (Round is a shape.. but not one that most dive manufacturers support..)
The whole custom suit with all kinds of options and taxes came to $2600.. It even arrived with my name on it :) And the fit is excellent..
I heard a lot of good stuff BARE drysuits..
The only things I would suggest is get a shell suit.. neoprene drysuits tend to be bulky in all the wrong places..

Before buying I test dived a DUI complexed neoprene suit, a DUI trilaminate and an OSS trilaminate.

I found the DUI neo suit rugged but way too buoyant for my comfort. The DUI trilam seemed thin and did not impress me as being as robust as the OSS suit (which I bought). But the OSS isn't cheap either. For price, consider a White's suit.

I have a DUI TLS 350 custom trilam as does my husband. He also has a 10+ yr old DUI DF200 crushed neo suit. In between we have both had other suits including other shells and full 1/4" neoprene suits such as Brooks and Wardell.

We have no complaints about the quality or durability of the DUIs. They seem to have all the features before the others get them, such as the self-donning zipper and rock boots. However, you do pay a premium for them, no doubt about it!

~SubMariner~

seahunter once bubbled...
Does anyone have any experience or comments on DUI drysuits?

They claim to be the best suit available but are priced between $1800 and $3500. You can get a decent dry suit for well under $1000 at any LDS.

Check with Nepteau in Montreal. They have great prices on their DUI dry-suits... Check where thet get if from. Speak to the owner, his name is Eric or try his associate Clement @ 514-337-5489 or at www.nepteau.com

DUI, indeed, makes great suits. The problem is like any OMS gear : we get ripped off because of the exchange rate ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom