30 Days in Ambergris Caye, Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
LW is down here in AC. Fortunately, Emily went North and everything here is OK. I am staying at Banana Beach again. They did not close for the storm, but several other hotels literally threw their guests out and closed. If you were lucky, they gave you a voucher for next time. Thank you Tim at BB, I will always be one of the bunch when on AC. (There was no mandatory evacuation, when hotels closed it was a management call.)

Protech is going strong. Peter Jones is here running things. The Mermaid and I ate dinner with him last night. We had giant burgers at el Divino and washed it down Bordeaux. Suyapa is now a divemaster. Junior, Brian, Gilbert and Minor are all here. All of the boats have a matching yellow paint job. They are putting everything back to normal at the dock this minute and I will be out diving in the AM. Needless to say , it was a hard couple of days for them having to take precautions for the storm.

Nurse sharks, and black grouper are all over the place and the water is a bath like 86f. See ya later...and come on down. Looks like Coz will be closed for a while.

-Ron

Glad to hear Emily missed A.C. Have a dive buddy down there.

The only time I've been there (for 2 months) was after hurricane season. I don't tempt mother nature!

We have been out diving for the last two days. A huge eagle ray swam up on the last dive and circled around for a while. Unusual, as they are usually quite shy.

I forgot to mention it, but Monkey Bites, a small cafe at Exotic Caye, stayed open during the evacuation. It was a real life saver as very few restaurants were open. We had lunch ther again today. The Chili is to die for.

Still here, but soon to return. I have lost count of how many nurse sharks I have seen. Sometimes there are 10 at a time. They are docile and easy to touch. Huge black grouper and fat snapper have been in quantity as well.

leadweight:
Still here, but soon to return. I have lost count of how many nurse sharks I have seen. Sometimes there are 10 at a time. They are docile and easy to touch. Huge black grouper and fat snapper have been in quantity as well.

How do you have the ability to stay there for 30 days? Thats heaven!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom