$30,000 TREASURE HUNT at Bonne Terre Mine!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ninja Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
BONNE TERRE MINE’S $30,000 TREASURE HUNT
June 4, 2011
This is truly a “Treasure Hunt”. We have over $15,000 in donated products and over $15,000 in donated trips.
When you check in, you’ll receive an auction book, which details all the products and trips that have been donated and the auction order.
You’ll dive twice and search in 4 different areas for colored tokens. Between dives vendors are waiting to show you their latest and greatest products and dive destinations. We have several games to play and divers from all over the country to share your dive stories with. We count your tokens after each dive (Dark tokens are worth more than light colored tokens) and give you your auction card after your second dive. You'll use your “auction card” to bid on donated products and trips during the auction. (No cash allowed)
After the last group exits the mine and grabs a bite to eat, we’ll start the auction.

The Treasure Hunt Package includes 2 dives, an event tee shirt, dinner and all the TREASURE YOU WIN! We also have special trail prices for those that can stay on Sunday June 5, 2011.
We hope you'll join us in the Biggest Treasure Hunt in the industry. Click here for more event and donation details. Bonne Terre Mine Treasure Hunt - Donor Prizes
Participation is limited. Call now to reserve your spot.
West End Diving
888-843-3483
Bonne Terre Mine is located in MO. less than 1 hour from St. Louis

For More info please click here: Bonne Terre Mine's Annual Treasure Hunt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Mick, the first treasure hunt winner to arrive at Maya Palms It’s always nice when I get visitors to home here at the resort so Mick, if you just happen to be in the neighborhood stop by and have a beer. :rofl3:
A while back, the other treasure hunt winner of the second Maya Palms trip came to the resort. He happened to be from my hometown. Our families had businesses a few hundred feet from each other. I had the honor of take him on his first saltwater dives. He saw a nice spotted eagle ray ten minutes into the first dive. He thought he should have gotten a couple extra pounds of lead and he would have been a little quicker descending. He knew that he wasn’t a big winner until the last dive when he hit several big money chips in a row.
Luck does play an important part in the treasure hunt.
Good Luck to All,
Ken
Maya Palms Resort

Hi Guys just a quick question are lights allowed this year?

Hi Denver Becky,

I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. I've brought the topic up to the decision makers and should have something for you soon.

HOWEVER... I make a mistake on the ScubaBoard Banner. If anyone wants to see the exact details of this years $15,000 in donated products and over $15,000 in donated trips, or if you want to registger for the event, please click on the link below.
http://www.2dive.com/treasurehunt/

Hi everyone,

If you are looking for more information about the great experiences you will have at Bonne Terre Mine, and would like to know more about what the place is like, I would like to suggest you have a look one of our past issues of the Underwater Journal (UWJ-issue17.pdf) we did a few months back.

Attachments

• UWJ-issue17_Page_01.jpg
    UWJ-issue17_Page_01.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 175
  • UWJ-issue17_Page_12.jpg
    UWJ-issue17_Page_12.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Hi DenverBecky,
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Yes, we will allow the use of lights during the treasure hunt. We asking participants to make sure they are back up lights.

Hope to see you there and good luck using the treasure you find to bid on some of the $30,000+ of donated products and services. As mentioned in the previous post, we have over $15,000 of donated products and $15,000 in donated trips.
See you June 4th

We just added special trail prices for trails on Friday and Sunday. Call now while there are spaces still available

Hi everyone,
I wanted to clear up some possible confusion. This is not a "raffle or a lottery" type of hunt.
You search for tokens and use those tokens to bid on EXACTLY what you want to win.
We have $15,000 in donate products and $15,000 in donated trips.

what happens if your out bided and have a bunch of tokens left at end of auction and does everyone win something even if its small item?

Hey ScubaPro Marcus,
Thanks for asking... Everyone wins this year. Each diver will be assigned a number.... During the auction, (remember you bid your tokens only, not cash allowed) we grab a divers number out of one box and a prize out the another.
Plus everyone will receive the following
1 free dive at Bonne Terre Mine on your next visit retail value $65.00
1 roll of Rescue tape.. This is amazing stuff retail value $10.00
1 Luggage handle courtesy of SSI retail value $3.00
1 buy one get one free dinner at Marios, the best pizza in Bonne Terre.
Hope to see you this year, call the shop to reserve your spot.
314 4209 7200

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom