TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) - Apr. 24 - May 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Chamber Day stuff, UCLA baseball, and more
(please scroll down for details)

This is going to be a short one for a host of reasons . . .

CHAMBER DAY & EVE COVID PROTOCOLS EXPLAINED - In case there was any doubt, we have a short video that explains the protocols for both aspects of the event. Short version: No vaxx requirement for Chamber Day, MUST be vaxxed (but no booster requirement) for Chamber Eve. This is due to a combination of L.A. County, Long Beach, Aquarium, and USC protocols that we have to follow. Here's the video:

CHAMBER DAY 2022 IS CREEPING CLOSER - That's also what's got me so wiped out tonight. The pace really picks up once we get inside of two weeks. Hopefully you know by now that the date is Wednesday, May 4, and hopefully you've already made a donation or signed up for something or even just bought a t-shirt. Every dollar helps keep our Chamber financially sound for another 365 days. We're pretty sure this is the largest single-day scuba charity event in the United States and we hope you'll be an integral part of it. Sign up for all aspects of the event by going to www.chamberday.org.

VIRTUAL CHAMBER EVE - Remember too that if you're still nervous about going to a large event, we've got Virtual Chamber Eve. $95 gets you "in" and includes a Chamber Eve t-shirt, five general raffle tix, one Grand Prize raffle tix (a week on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor), and you'll receive the URL for the private live-stream of the event. We're going to have a couple of cameras set up so that you'll see the podium, the crowd, the raffle prizes, the various pre-taped bits, and everything else. But you only get that link by signing up for Virtual Chamber Eve.

FLYING DUTCHMAN - Likewise, if you're not yet ready to go diving, we've got the Flying Dutchman for you, our fake boat. Sign up for that (also $95) and you'll choose your pirate name, you'll get the Flying Dutchman t-shirt, and five daytime raffle tix. (We might even throw in the link to the Chamber Eve live-stream since there won't be a daytime stream.) The Dutchman is the perfect way to go if you can't dive on May 4, for whatever reason. Sign up for the Dutchman and everything else by going to www.chamberday.org and then clicking the SIGN UP NOW button.

WOLVES GUARDING THE HENHOUSE - There was an interesting article in the Sunday L.A. Times (thanks to Ken Niles for the alert) about the people who regulate deep-ocean mining and their closeness to those that they regulate. Long read but eye-opening. You can see it here (although it may be behind a paywall): REGULATING OCEAN EXPLOITATION.

UCLA BASEBALL NEXT SATURDAY - The bruins take on Arizona State at 2PM at Jackie Robinson Stadium on the Veterans Administration campus west of the 405 and north of Wilshire. I mention this not because it has anything to do with diving but because I'M GONNA THROW OUT THE CEREMONIAL FIRST PITCH!!!! So come see if I can get it to the catcher or if I'll bounce it in the dirt. (I may have a few comp tix available. Otherwise, I think it's $5-$12 to see if I humiliate myself. Well worth it.)

And that'll do it for now. Have a great week and let's go diving soon!!!

- Ken​

Back
Top Bottom